Just get NiteCore Extreme (Stainless Steel bezel)

Harleydude

Newly Enlightened
Since the Extreme is Surefire E series compatible would the head work on an E2D body with a 18650 cell? That would be a very nice setup IMHO.

liquidsix

Enlightened
Yours came with spare clickies? Mine didn't. Hmm, I'm concerned. I'm not even sure how I'd get the switch out in the first place, it seems like its in there pretty well, anyone know what tool can get this out?

BabyDoc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Speaking of switches, does the switch on the EXTREME appear to be the same switch as on the NDI, of does it appear to be sturdier?

Another question about the bezel. Does it appear that the bezel could be removed and another bezel subsituted?

Last edited:

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
2008052506000825.jpg

I don't have a dollar bill sorry~
And If you want buy for EDC, I recommend you NDI because NDI is more slim and NEI is bit heavier than NDI.

Sorry, I'm new at this. What's the other light in your hand and do you have specs and prices for it I can look at?

Thanks

George

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks

Are torch lumens the same as lumens or what? I mean, for comparison. It says 130 torch lumen and I'm not sure how that compares to the 200 lumens for the nitecore?

Thanks

enLIGHTenment

Enlightened
Are torch lumens the same as lumens or what?

Lumens are a standardized unit of measure.

'Torch lumens' is just shorthand for how many lumens a complete flashlight emits.

Torch lumens is in contrast to 'emitter lumens,' which is a shorthand for how many lumens the LED or bulb emits but not including losses in the optical path.

Keep in mind that almost all lumen values given by dealers and manufacturers are either marketing exaggerations or outright lies. Don't trust any number that hasn't come from an independent tester.

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok, so first, when it says torch lumens, it's supposed to be the same as lumens that people usually use?

Second, what about the 200 lumens for the nitecore? Is that correct or exaggerated?

Thanks

George

harada77

Newly Enlightened
Speaking of switches, does the switch on the EXTREME appear to be the same switch as on the NDI, of does it appear to be sturdier?

Another question about the bezel. Does it appear that the bezel could be removed and another bezel subsituted?
Look like switches same as on the NDI...
I didn't try remove Bezel yet. If I try~ I'll take pic for you!!! :grin2:

harada77

Newly Enlightened
Yours came with spare clickies? Mine didn't. Hmm, I'm concerned. I'm not even sure how I'd get the switch out in the first place, it seems like its in there pretty well, anyone know what tool can get this out?
Ask about them Your dealer will be better~

dmz

Enlightened
Does the NiteCore Extreme have the same UI as a Nitecore Defender Infinity?

Nitecore Defender Infinity UI video demonstration:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daFqQjRYgMs

Nitecore Defender Infinity UI sumed up in words:

Initial Position: Tightened head.
Mode: Maximum brightness or strobe.
- Loosen and tighten within 1 second to switch between modes.
Mode state is saved even after turning off.

Initial Position: Loosened head.
Mode: User-defined brightness.
- Tighten and loosen within 1 second to ramp brightness up.
- Tighten and loosen again within 1 second to ramp brightness down.
Switch off to set and save user-defined brightness level.

harada77

Newly Enlightened
Does the NiteCore Extreme have the same UI as a Nitecore Defender Infinity?

Nitecore Defender Infinity UI video demonstration:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daFqQjRYgMs

Nitecore Defender Infinity UI sumed up in words:

Initial Position: Tightened head.
Mode: Maximum brightness or strobe.
- Loosen and tighten within 1 second to switch between modes.
Mode state is saved even after turning off.

Initial Position: Loosened head.
Mode: User-defined brightness.
- Tighten and loosen within 1 second to ramp brightness up.
- Tighten and loosen again within 1 second to ramp brightness down.
Switch off to set and save user-defined brightness level.
Yes NiteCore Extreme have the same UI as a Nitecore Defender Infinity.
But just little changed~ when you change mode, You have to loose and tight with in o.5 second(not 1 second).

BabyDoc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes NiteCore Extreme have the same UI as a Nitecore Defender Infinity.
But just little changed~ when you change mode, You have to loose and tight with in o.5 second(not 1 second).

Only the prototype NDI had allowed for a 1 second delay loosening and tightening. All final production units have a 0.5 sec delay period. So it sounds like the Extreme and the current NDI's have the same interface.

harada77

Newly Enlightened
Only the prototype NDI had allowed for a 1 second delay loosening and tightening. All final production units have a 0.5 sec delay period. So it sounds like the Extreme and the current NDI's have the same interface.

I didn't know about that~ Thank you~ :grin2:
Anyway I'll update some switchs pic right now...

harada77

Newly Enlightened

2008052622592789.jpg

2008052622592894.jpg

2008052622592844.jpg

left is NEI, right is NDI
It's Look like same but slightly differente.
NEI spring is longer but softer than NDI.
NEI PCB is smaller than NDI about 1mm.
Push button is look like same.
ps. I try to separate bezel~ but failed... May be glue on thread same as FENIX light...:mecry:

FireStik

Newly Enlightened
Nobody in the US is selling them?
I ordered mine through www.photongears.com (Canada), and I must say Eric seems like a truly first-rate guy. Ourstanding service, great communication, and super quick response. I'd put Photon Gears in the same category as Fenix-Store and Lighthound.

You'll need to email him since the Extreme isn't on his site yet.

TECENG

Newly Enlightened
I ordered mine through www.photongears.com (Canada), and I must say Eric seems like a truly first-rate guy. Ourstanding service, great communication, and super quick response. I'd put Photon Gears in the same category as Fenix-Store and Lighthound.

Sigh...I couldn't hold out any longer. I just ordered the HAIII from Eric. I agree, he is first rate. I have never ordered anything from him before, but after exchanging a few e-mails he seems to have a great business ethic. Now the wait begins

Nake

Flashlight Enthusiast

How much was the postage to WI?