Just received my Zlt H31..interesting findings

pounder

Newly Enlightened
Hello all. Received my H31 today and gave it a run through. Pretty nice little light. Interesting thing is it looks like Zlt changed their interface up a bit. High mode is memorized on my model which is a big plus. It will start up in H1 (220 lumens) which should not happen from what i've read. Just thought i'd share. :thumbsup:

nisshin

Enlightened
Perhaps this is old news, but it looks like the H31 now has a strobe (as well as a new clip).
ZebraLight website said:
High: H1 220 Lm (0.9 hrs) or H2 120 Lm (2 hrs) / 4Hz Strobe
Medium: M1 43 Lm (12 hrs) or M2 24 Lm (23 hrs)
Low: L1 5 Lm (3.7 days) or L2 0.5 Lm (21 days)

bluewater

Newly Enlightened
My brand new H31 retains the high mode also. I like that the clip can be slid around to the side of the light. That way I can clip in on the outside of my pants pocket, at the hip, and have it facing forward. By setting the light on it's side and adjusting the clip, it can shine up at whatever angle you need....brilliant!

The only secondary High mode I can get is the very slow strobe....are there more or is that it?

Gregozedobe

Enlightened
Bit of a necro-thread revival here (previous post was a year ago), but in answer to your question, you should be able to toggle between H1 (220 lumens) and H2 (120 lumens) with a simple double-click. Your light should remember which setting (H1 or H2) was last used and switch back on at that level.

There isn't a large visual difference between 220 and 120 lumens, but if you aren't seeing any difference at all then it might be time to try a new battery and/or give all the contact points a good clean.

According to the ZL website info for the H31 :

Double click to toggle and select between the two sub-levels for that main level. Sub-level selections (except the strobe) for the 3 main levels are memorized after the light is turned off and through battery changes.

Last edited:

pounder

Newly Enlightened
Bit of a necro-thread revival here (previous post was a year ago), but in answer to your question, you should be able to toggle between H1 (220 lumens) and H2 (120 lumens) with a simple double-click. Your light should remember which setting (H1 or H2) was last used and switch back on at that level.

There isn't a large visual difference between 220 and 120 lumens, but if you aren't seeing any difference at all then it might be time to try a new battery and/or give all the contact points a good clean.

According to the ZL website info for the H31 :

when I bought the h31 there was a flaw that it would not remember the high setting..it would always start on high 2..when I got my model it was not the case..so obviously zlt fixed the issue..

you can see a post about it here: post 254

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?260806-New-Zebralight-H31&p=3579884&viewfull=1#post3579884

swan

Banned
My h31 been great,even after battery changes it always remembers the last settings. Also it gets great run times on aw rcr123's and you can notice a bigger difference between h1 and h2- its my edc.