Just Saw This: New 1 Cell Blackhawk LED

StuGatz

Enlightened
With all due courtesy to the designers and manufacturer of the Gladius (LARGE KUDOS for the Gladius as a MEGA INOVATIVE design) I will personally never buy another of their devices because of the marketeeeering and unexpected price drops of their products.

I don't mind the "direct sales" that blackhawk engages in but when you buy a product from a dealer at a discounted price and then find that blackhawk has now started to compete with their dealers to the point of dropping their own sales prices to below what the dealer had paid wholesale for is a sad state of affairs.

Are they that desperate to make a buck that they strive to compete with the dealers that had helped to establish the reputation of their products???

I second the opinion that this light appears to be a copy of the Q3. Why pay almost triple for a Q3? Well I think that the answer is that after the dealers spread the word at how "good" the "Sentinel PL1 LED" is, blackhawk will suddenly drop the direct sales price to 1/3 the original retail. :( Bad mojo at best... :(

All the very best,

Stuart

jon1996

Newly Enlightened
QIII all the way, you can buy 5 of the real QIII for the price of that knockoff

Robocop

Moderator, *Mammoth Killer*
When I saw this I thought it was crazy and said no way to the price....however that was thinking it was a 3 watt.....now that I find it is a one watter this is even way more crazy than I first imagined. The sad part is that some unsuspecting person will most likely buy one....if they only knew what was truly available out there.

Honestly does this dealer not really know what they have or not check out the competitions prices? Is this really a common tactic to start out so high only to drastically reduce the cost later?

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, that's pretty bad considering the Q3 can be had for $31 shipped. I wonder if anyone will actually buy that outdated light at that terrible price.

B737Driver

Newly Enlightened
Maybe the person who typed in the price on the website was too excited and he/she put an extra nine in there. Maybe it should be $9.99. :laughing:

StuGatz

Enlightened
TORCH_BOY said:
I would go for the Q3 at third of the price,

Third the price and proven at this point. BH better have this one designed to shoot "proton topedoes" if they actually plan to sell it at this price...LOL LOL!!!

I stand corrected. However. This appears to be the equivilant of the Q1.

All the very best,

Stuart