• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

K40Mvn (Must Have)

josefsson

Newly Enlightened
That may be so but it has worked just fine for months with those batteries..! I have 3 other high drain batteries so no big problem.. But what could have happend to my Olight´s? Broken? :S

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
That may be so but it has worked just fine for months with those batteries..! I have 3 other high drain batteries so no big problem.. But what could have happend to my Olight´s? Broken? :S

If you are demanding a lot of your cells, pushing the limits of what they can handle, they tend to lose capacity and build up internal resistance a lot faster. It could be that one cell simply couldn't quite handle it any more, and the protection tripped. Some circuits reset automatically, others need to be jump-started (so to speak) by another good cell, or in a charger. Nothing particularly unusual in your case...I would suggest you put those high-drain cells to work in your K40Mvn.

josefsson

Newly Enlightened
The high drain is in the light now.. Tried jump starting the olight with another fresh battery in parallell but didnt work. Seems to be broken.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
A K40Mvn Boost Only
Date & Time: August 27, 2015 at 11:30PM PT
Make & Model: K40Mvn + Boost Only
Light Description: MTG2 flooder with magnetic ring selector
Hot Spot Diameter at 100": 11"
ANSI/30Sec Lumen & Lux:
Level 1: 1.5 / N/A
Level 2: 40 / 2.8K Lux
Level 3: 445 / 8K Lux
Level 4: 1135 / 32K Lux
Level 5: 1960 / 55K Lux
Level 6: 3150 / 87K Lux (Max/Fresh Start = 3250/88K )

Kevin1322

Flashlight Enthusiast
Amazing price for these on your sales thread Vinh. Wish I had the extra money for one. Since the MTG is going out, have you thought about replacing the leds in these lights with some of the new ones (MKR, the 70, the 50, etc.), or is that just going to cost to much?

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Amazing price for these on your sales thread Vinh. Wish I had the extra money for one. Since the MTG is going out, have you thought about replacing the leds in these lights with some of the new ones (MKR, the 70, the 50, etc.), or is that just going to cost to much?

Quads and Smooth reflector just doesnt work together...

mjgsxr

Enlightened
Is there a difference between the supbeam k40m and the acebeam version. Supbeam tested a lot more leumns

Sup Beam K40Mvn Dome on
protected pf
3928@ turn on
3575@ 30 sec
2336 high
1404 mid
577 mid2
38 mid3
0.9 low
Throw - 105,000 lux

l dont need one. But I am a sucker for this style of acebeam light

Bigwilly

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is there a difference between the supbeam k40m and the acebeam version. Supbeam tested a lot more leumns

Sup Beam K40Mvn Dome on
protected pf
3928@ turn on
3575@ 30 sec
2336 high
1404 mid
577 mid2
38 mid3
0.9 low
Throw - 105,000 lux

l dont need one. But I am a sucker for this style of acebeam light

I noticed the difference also but chalked it up to

1. Variance from light to light - a while back me and another CPFr compared our K40Mvn and mine was noticibly brighter. We swapped batteries and same results. Neither was a Fiat Lux. After talking to Vinh variance was as attributed to cause.

2. Variance from the correction factor - Vinh is using Jmpaul360's sphere but not sure if the measuring equipment is the same. I do know he tried various correction factors and what he settled on is on the low side. Which as in his case is very understandable.

So with these two things on my mind, the lights are probably the same from switching from Supbeam to Acebeam and if your interested in one, go for it. It's a great light. I do highly recommend getting the extra heat sinking as it heats up quick.

Latest posts