Keychain carry light

Pronto Tonto

Newly Enlightened
Wow, thanks very much for all of the replies and recommendations. I was in a store yesterday and they had a selection of FourSevens lights and I bought a Mini MA which I like a lot. The head turns very smoothly when turning on and switching between modes. However, you all have given me a number of options and it may not be long before I need to get one or more of those other lights to check out!

WarRaven

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a Mini-MA as well, great little light.
Only thing was my lanyard hole, the corner where they left uncut was very sharp so I ground that corner edge down.
Not much bigger then the battery inside, Duracell 2400 Ion core.
Drops in a pocket and can forget about it easy.

Enjoy the night/light.

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought a Mini MA which I like a lot.

Congratulations! Hide your wallet, hanging around here can get expensive..
To continue your "free" seminar in AA lighting options, with an introduction to High Color Rendition, and to explore the clicky experience, look into the ridiculously inexpensive L3 Illumination L11-C with an N219b Led..

oh, and if you did not yet, buy a 4pack of eneloops and a charger.. from wally bay, or wherever
so you get free fuel and can leave a light on overnight if you feel like it.. LOL (I resemble that)

have fun! Happy 4th..

yoyoman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, you're right it is a MBI hidden in the Atoms.

I'm part tint snob and part beam snob. I like the Nichia and XPG2 neutrals. But I also like nice beam profiles without artifacts. The Dereelight has a great beam profile, but don't use it for white wall hunting because the tint is a little green. But in real life use outside, you appreciate the beam profile and don't notice the tint.

I like the Oveready Peaks for a few reasons. You can get hi cri or neutral tints in different head styles (mule, regular, ultra) and you can different bodies. I sometimes carry the Nichia mule on a 10180 body and keep a 10440 (AAA) body as backup. The Oveready delrin caps make extra bodies into spare cell capsules. Just put the head on a new body and go. The QTC works for me. Not perfect, but efficient.

The Tain Ottavino V2 AAA twisty is always in my pocket. A beautiful light with a nice UI, tint and beam profile. Runs on an Eneloop with good runtime and output.

The modded Maratac copper AAA is a fun light. Vinh put in a neutral/warm XPG2. The whole body gets warm on high with a li-ion 10440. And output is impressive. Some of the other AAA lights will run on li-ions, but copper conducts the heat and has more mass.

The ThruNite Ti Xmas edition with the XPL is nice. I like the sequence and spacing. The tint leans to green. But I've heard it isn't that hard to swap emitters. I run mine on an Eneloop, but it may unofficially support li-ion. Check on that before trying.

All lights are a compromise. AAA lights give you a small package and you give up some things. Don't expect a thrower in an single AAA format. The latest emitters can give you decent output or runtime depending on the engine and set up. There are many nice AAA lights out there. Just don't panic.

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
The ThruNite Ti Xmas edition with the XPL is nice.

Yes, I have a Ti Xmas, its my poor mans Ottavino, LOL

but the Thrunite Titanium threads are just majorly gritty, no matter how much I polish them
and yes the beam is green, although very bright and floody
I prefer the Thrunite pocket clip because it permits tailstanding, when the clip is in reversed position, compared to the Maratac clip, which interferes with tailstanding in the reversed position. I use reversed clip for baseball cap.

this is my most used Lego among my Maratac, Beta, and Thrunite head and body swaps
IMG_8096.JPG