Keychain light @ lighthound...thoughts?

chesterqw

Flashlight Enthusiast
the faxuton are quite good, although not reliable, who cares bout a $1 light being reliable or not?

side note: the green ,blue and purple are very nice IMO.

Last edited:

amanichen

Enlightened
LeDfLaShEr said:
I'll second the vote for the ebay cheapo AA that is part of the groupbuy. For the price, you certainly can't go wrong. Buy a few and put them around house, and you'll always have one handy when you need it.
I think I'll be going this route =)

Thanks everybody.

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
The keychain light you refer to is the AAA aluminium light? I have a couple, not fantastic finish,some of the edges are a bit sharp, tiny hole for lanyard,do not trust the keychain it comes with, cheap...but you know what? I kind of like it, not as bright as an infinity ultra but brighter than arcAAA V1 (reputedly) and also a gerber recon and a cmg infinity, and it's so cheap you can just sling it anywhere and not worry about it (not like your Peaks, Arcs, Fenixes, INOVAs etc).

I prefer it to the SONIC and it seems a bit more reliable (though I wouldn't trust my life to it!!)

Get a couple and have a laugh...:lolsign:

DoubleDutch

Enlightened
The Netherlands - one foot below sea level
You might try them here:

http://www.szwholesale.com/super-lamp-keychain-light-p-246.html

$3,- and it's yours, shipping included. I bought some myself. Certainly not top notch, but at this price a very nice gift light. It needs some work to increase water integrety (silicone around the led and in the front threads; silicone grease on the o-ring). Yes, you might lose it if it unscrews too much. Some teflon tape does the trick. Brightness-wise no match for my Arc AAA, but not too shabby in low light situations either.

Dae's is a good place to buy from. His 8 led 2AA Inova light is surprisingly cheap and bright.

My $0,02.

Kees

a99raptors

Enlightened
One thing about the $0.99 though, I got 10 of them and one of them failed without abuse. But buying from Lighthound is really satisfying :)