Klarus XT12GT Ordered From OpticsPlanet, Inc.

JAS

Flashlight Enthusiast
How is the track record these days with the Klarus XT12GT? I ordered one from Opticsplanet.com on December 17, 2017. When I check the Order Status online, it simply states: "Item On Order". I also note on the website "Estimated to ship within 15-26 days." The address shown for OpticsPlanet, Inc. shows Northbrook, Illinois. I assume this means that the Klarus XT12GT is coming direct from China? Also, is this how many/most retailers work these days? (As a side note, I did order a Carhartt jacket from ****'s Sporting Goods a few weeks ago. When the package arrived, it looks like it came directly from the Carhartt store.)

kj2

Flashaholic
Sounds like they had no stock, and had to order at Klarus first. So Klarus ships it to them, and then Optics planet forwards it to you.

Chad Varnadore

Newly Enlightened
How is the track record these days with the Klarus XT12GT? I ordered one from Opticsplanet.com on December 17, 2017. When I check the Order Status online, it simply states: "Item On Order". I also note on the website "Estimated to ship within 15-26 days." The address shown for OpticsPlanet, Inc. shows Northbrook, Illinois. I assume this means that the Klarus XT12GT is coming direct from China? Also, is this how many/most retailers work these days? (As a side note, I did order a Carhartt jacket from ****'s Sporting Goods a few weeks ago. When the package arrived, it looks like it came directly from the Carhartt store.)

Not good. Aside from it's wholly inadequate, if not ludicrously so, impact resistance rating, I love the light. But, I'm not sure I'd buy another Klarus product due to seemingly excessively poor quality control or using parts that aren't made to last beyond the warranty period. It'd be a great $30 or less, but I expect A LOT better build quality and reliability from a $100 light. But, I'm not one who views flashlights as disposable electronics, like the smartphone industry.

Last edited: