• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired ***L1D 123/AA body mod , Momentary Switch and Cigar Tac ring with Clip!**********

CancerLad

Newly Enlightened
Re: 123/AA body mod and tactical mods L1D Feeler

There is a call for RCR123 boring.

They make 3.0V RCR123 batteries that would give someone the better turbo mode, and not overpower the circuit for the lower levels, while still providing the low temperature and rechargable benifits of LiON batteries.

I would be willing to send you some of my Tenergy RCR123A 3.0V batteries with a body for measurement once the FenixStore gets the L1D CE bodies in stock.

Last edited:

SKYWLKR

Enlightened

CancerLad said:
There is a call for RCR123 boring.

They make 3.0V RCR123 batteries that would give someone the better turbo mode, and not overpower the circuit for the lower levels, while still providing the low temperature and rechargable benifits of LiON batteries.

I would be willing to send you some of my Tenergy RCR123A 3.0V batteries with a body for measurement once the FenixStore gets the L1D CE bodies in stock.

OK, that would be great! I'm guessing they have a top off voltage of under 3.4 -3.6V?

They look great, thanks for the heads up on them! Would you like to bore the body if they allow for enough wall?

http://www.batteryjunction.com/rc390reliba.html

For any one I would also be willing to do the body bore mod and a free ring OR button mod for a Pair of the RCR's and maybe a charger like this.

http://www.batteryjunction.com/smchforrc3li.html

Last edited:

CancerLad

Newly Enlightened

I haven't measured the top off voltage of the cells, but I'm guessing that 3.4 - 3.6 is the voltage range.

I was hoping I could convince you into trying to open up a L1D CE body for the RCR123A cells one way or another. I would be more than happy to send a pair of the cells and a charger for the machine work.

I don't have access to any machine tools or I wouldn't be asking.

I would have to wait until March or April when the FenixStore gets the new bodies in stock.

Last edited:

SKYWLKR

Enlightened

I was offering that to any one, as I was unaware of any RCR123 that tops off under 4.2 volts and wanted some too for my self for other lights.

I can't promise any thing as I don't have the measurements for the Current limited RCR123 batts or any RCR123 for that matter to test.

I'm betting it can ,but the body fitment might be tighter if the batt is any bigger. The length should fine as I can go a bit deeper and the spring will take up the excess.

SKYWLKR

Enlightened

KDOG3 said:
Hey, will that Tac Ring fit SF e-Series lights?

Not this particular one, but I could probably make one that will.

I need a fairly Hi Res picture to see if it's feasible and then the I'll need the light to make the ring.

pyro_451

Newly Enlightened

Is there a way to convert this to a single mode light with a regulated full on and off only? I would like a momentary on tailcap with click (or twist) for full on.

I have the L2DCE and will buy the L1DCE body and have it drop shipped to you for the work (as soon as 4sevens gets them in stock).

Thanks!!

SKYWLKR

Enlightened

If you are thinking of it as a tactical tool, When set on turbo I find the Strobe actually works well.

but I think you can use a Li-Ion 3.7 volt and bypass the Modes for full on, I dont know how hard the LED is pushed though.

SKYWLKR

Enlightened
Re: 123/AA body mod and tactical mods L1D

Here is the pocket clip mounted to the cigar ring. Its reversable so you can position the clip at a couple diff areas on the light.

L123Dclip.jpg

L123Dclipa.jpg

Last edited:

chrisse242

Enlightened
Skywlkr, would it be possible to thread the back end of the tube, so a kroll-switch could be screwed in? No need for a spacer any more and we'd have a regular momentary clicky.

Chrisse

SKYWLKR

Enlightened
There is not enough space for the Krol treads.

I do have the simple momentary switch in beta test right now. it works in most lights but a couple have an intermittent contact problem. I am thinking it is related to Fenix tolerance's .