L7?

Cornkid

Flashlight Enthusiast
I look around on the forums and dont hear any mention of the Surefire L7.. Is it not that good? It looks sort of maglite-ish but seems like a cool light.

Any pics/ reviews of this light would be cool!

-tom

wasabe64

Flashaholic*
I don't think that a lot of members have L7's.

I have two, but there is not much that I can tell you about them. This is the only LuxeonV light that I have that is made by Surefire, so I cannot offer any comparison to other L-series lights.

The light has a broad hotspot (due to the 5w Luxeon), and the beam is very white. The integrated tailswitch is 'squishy' compared to the standard tailswitches used by Surefire's Z-series tailcaps. The twist-on (constant light) feature is activated by twisting the head, since there is no separate tailcap. If you are accustomed to using P-series or E-series lights, the L7 definitely has a different feel.

As far as modding the light, it is not a very modder-friendly design. The tailswitch is integrated into the body of the light, and the neck uses square threads to retain the head. The head looks like it uses a disassembly procedure similar to a KL3. The light uses B90 NiCd batteries, so it is using a boost circuit to drive the LuxeonV.