LED roadway markers causing seizures?

TechPro

Newly Enlightened
Connor, have you ever seen a target rifle? they are NOT designed to kill, they are designed to hit little targets, at extremely long ranges...

Connor

Enlightened
(Offtopic)

TechPro said:
Connor, have you ever seen a target rifle? they are NOT designed to kill, they are designed to hit little targets, at extremely long ranges...

I'm shooting alot of guns, and sorry, I'm not a tree-hugging liberal. Well actually I am :lolsign: , but I'm still pro-gun (in the hands of responsible owners). I also know that people kill people and not guns.
That being said, a gun is a much better instrument for someone who wants to kill a lot of people than a car. This includes a target rifle in .22lr. This makes it, in my opinion, alot more inherently dangerous than a car. And surprise, soldiers usually use firearms to kill other people, not cars.

-Connor

BrighTor

Newly Enlightened
I had to take a class on seizures a while back when I was working with adults with disabilities. I remember being told that anyone can have a seizure if they're tired enough and they see flickering lights at the right frequency. The example the instructor used was to think of someone who's been up for a day or so, unable to sleep, sitting on the couch/recliner watching tv late at night in a dim room...they're a prime target to have a light-induced seizure.

I know it's not safe to drive tired, but I'm sure we all have at some point...

TechPro

Newly Enlightened
us dot did research in the 1960's on the spaceing of road embedded reflectors that caused what was then referred to as "flicker vertigo" at a certain speed the reflectors synched with certain brain wave patterns and induced a trance like state...changes were made in intervals and hues and the problem was solved...

This is very interesting: JI find that I can drive all night long at 65mph but if I speed up to 70-75 I'm in that "trance like state" in a matter of minutes... It makes since too since in the 60's the highway speeds were 55-60 and now in Washington they've bumped up the speed limit to 70. I am sensative to the flicker as I find my 3w amondotech headlight on low makes me sick to my stomach.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
TechPro said:
This is very interesting: JI find that I can drive all night long at 65mph but if I speed up to 70-75 I'm in that "trance like state" in a matter of minutes... It makes since too since in the 60's the highway speeds were 55-60 and now in Washington they've bumped up the speed limit to 70. I am sensative to the flicker as I find my 3w amondotech headlight on low makes me sick to my stomach.

I think they also call it Highway Hypnosis. Interesting that you were able to correlate the increased speed to the effect on the spacing of the markers. I'm sure that's happened to me without realizing why.