LED tactical light with the longest throw and tightest hotspot...

brighter

Newly Enlightened
KENBAR from delaextreme for example has very tight hot spot, it's about 30cm diameter at 5m distance. But, is it tactical or not I don't know.

Lobo

Flashlight Enthusiast
TacticalGrilling said:
Lobo,
I couldn't answer that as I do not have a quantitative answer. But, subjectively, the T-Series appear to have a better long range capability with the TIROS optics than my other LED lights. Keep in mind that the 3D is an incandescent light, which, up until TIROS and Cree technology has traditionally been a better thrower.

Be Safe, Grill Tactical.

-Nick
TacticalGrilling.com

Agree, somewhat unfair to compare it to an incandescent, but there are plenty of other LEDs out there that should outthrow the T-series, not to mention the everpopular streamlight propolymer 4aa luxeon. Wonder about that tiros though...

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looking at flashlightreviews, the wiseled tactical with 7 K2's has the highest throw for an LED light at 14,000 cd, but it drops to 3000 odd in only 8 minutes. To echo BMRSEB above, the Lumapower D-mini has been measured at 9,000 cd plus somewhere (can't find that one) which beats every other LED light listed at flashlightreview. The D-mini holds its brightness for half an hour on one protected RCR123 (see halfway down this thread) and near an hour on an unprotected RCR123 (can't find that thread).

Hard to beat the D-mini...

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Regarding meaning of "tactical light", last year at PK's party Saturday evening at SHOT show, PK did a demonstration of what a "tactical light" was. I can not remember all of his criterea, but having the light output to identify a target, or threat at 50 meters, and to be able to drop the light and have it go off (momentary) so your position is not give away, were two off the most important criteria. During his energetic demonstration, PK threw his G2 down several times to the floor to illustrate the value of a momentary switch.

Bill

MattK

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love the Inova T4 but a LEDLogic Striker VG will kill a T4 for throw.

There should be a limited edition semi-custom LEDLogic Striker with a SSC P4 available pretty soon. ~175 Lumens, fully variable output, momentary, & strobe.

OOPS did I just type that? Gonna have to be more careful.....