LED thrower suitable for gun mounting?

ateallthepies

Enlightened
Hi,

It will be put on a 12 ftlbs legal U.K limit rifle but needs to have greater range than for that type of rifle as I want to have a light with tight beam to spot with further out without lighting up the whole area.

Also a lot of the guys on the airgun site I frequent are into rimfire and centre fire rifles and if a small light is able to cater for their needs they may well be pleased to hear there is a compact light out there without the need for a seperate battery pack and wires.

Steve.

maxilux

Enlightened
One thing to consider is that the A9 is not regulated on a single 18650, it needs 2xCR123 for that... So if the user needs a full hour on maximum power that could be a problem.

That is right, but i think in use with a gun you do not need one full hour.

maxilux

Enlightened
The RRT-1 is virtually the same size as Tiablo A9 with aspheric head. Going by your logic the A9 is too big for weapon mounting as well. :rolleyes:

Sorry, but the Diameter of the Jetbeam is 55mm and the Tiablo A9 is 45mm the weight without batteries is 210gr for the Jetbeam and 155gr for the Tiablo, that is much difference, i think, in use with a gun.

Toaster

Enlightened
Sorry, but the Diameter of the Jetbeam is 55mm and the Tiablo A9 is 45mm the weight without batteries is 210gr for the Jetbeam and 155gr for the Tiablo, that is much difference, i think, in use with a gun.

Sorry no, that info is for the standard A9. A9 aspherical head is 53mm in diameter and I'm fairly sure it weighs more than the standard head, negating much of the weight difference.

maxilux

Enlightened
Ok, when you see it so you are right, for my understanding it was so , that the Collimator is only an option, for most use, i think you dont need it, the throw is enough without for most apllication.

Latest posts