LED Weaponlight

chaosmagnet

Newly Enlightened
I have an M&P 40c, with a very short light rail. I'd like to find a weaponlight that is an LED, fits on the gun, preferably doesn't stick out beyond the muzzle, reasonably bright and reasonably priced. Any suggestions?

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
MrGman tested the TLR-1 LED weaponlight and it did over 150 out the front LED lumens.:twothumbs

It fits my Glock 32 perfectly. I don't think you will get anything as bright or as well built for that price. IMHO: it is the best bang for the buck with quality to boot.

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do you happen to know if that is more or less than the Surefire X300?

The Surefire X300 is rated at 110 lumens and the TLR-1 is rated at up to 130 lumens. Surefire lights are very honest and from the lights MrGman has tested they all make the advertised lumens out the front.

I think they are probably really close in out the front lumens because Surefire has a tendency to give very modest lumen readings.

EX: A P91 is rated at 200 lumens, but with 2 IMR 18650 cells in a Solarforce hosts it did over 470 on turn-in courtesy of MrGman's testing.

See link for lumen readings on post #1 and #3.
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/229135

gunfighter

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the info.

I guess I was hoping to confirm the actual output from the X300. If 110 lumens is conservative, what is the actual?

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the info.

I guess I was hoping to confirm the actual output from the X300. If 110 lumens is conservative, what is the actual?

The only way to find out is if you purchase it and send it to MrGman for testing. The Surefire X300 hasn't been tested yet!

raz-0

Newly Enlightened
Unfortunately none of the above will fit on a subcompact light rail.

chaosmagnet

Newly Enlightened
Unfortunately none of the above will fit on a subcompact light rail.

I know for a fact that the TLR-1 and X300 won't fit on my M&P 40c. The Insight XTI Procyon doesn't look like it would fit either. I need something smaller, even at the expense of performance.

Anto

Enlightened
TLR-3!

botach_2053_444595679-300x274.jpg

chaosmagnet

Newly Enlightened
The TLR-3 looks like it would be perfect if it fits. I'll check the others out as well. Thanks!

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Would you want to be running RCR123's in a pistol light anyway? I'm sure the recoil would eventually damage the circuit..

It could be possible, but I ran a P7 LED weaponlight with rechargeables and after 500 plus rounds of 357sig (Glock 32) it still survived. I also shoot it with 100 rounds of 10mm(Glock 20) and about 1000 rounds of 9mm (Glock 32 w/9mm barrel).

While I agree that it could happen, I think the use of rechargeables would save me from having to go through primaries. Especially if your LED weaponlight is a P7/MC-E.

FYI: The G&P Weaponlight (inexpensive/low quality) is 100% P60 compatible:twothumbs

bkumanski

Enlightened
I found the same problem with the "rail" they put on this gun, which is why I didn't purchase it. There are also no holsters for this gun with a light I found, so it really is kind of a waste, which sucks because I loved the feel and balance of the gun. That said the re is the TLR-3 which I know fits, but it wasn't out yet when I was looking. There is also the Insight X2 (which is junk) which will also fit. Neither are very bright (probably due to the batteries which can fit), and like I said, good luck finding a holster (if you need one, I did).

Good luck, it just seems there isn't a large market for the subcompact lights.

Last edited: