Lfp 16340

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm thinking of buying a set of cells for my aviator. Looking at the soshine lfp/lifepo4 cells. Hjk doesn't have a test if these but he did do the 14500, and they tested well. But I know the aviator can be pretty picky about what fits. So anyone use these soshine cells, and if they have similar dimensions to primary cr123a cells?
I know k2 and surefire cells work. But they're hard to find. I'm in Canada and AliExpress is about my only option
Their specification shows max diameter of 16.4mm. I measure my cr123a cells 16.35mm. So as long as they follow spec they should fit

Last edited:

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm thinking of buying a set of cells for my aviator. Looking at the soshine lfp/lifepo4 cells. Hjk doesn't have a test if these but he did do the 14500, and they tested well. But I know the aviator can be pretty picky about what fits. So anyone use these soshine cells, and if they have similar dimensions to primary cr123a cells?
I know k2 and surefire cells work. But they're hard to find. I'm in Canada and AliExpress is about my only option
Their specification shows max diameter of 16.4mm. I measure my cr123a cells 16.35mm. So as long as they follow spec they should fit
AliExpress??! Really?? Doesn't amazon work in Canada?

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
It does. But unlike it the states, nothing good is sold on there. Only lifepo4 on there, 3 pages down, is ebl brand. I'd rather just light myself on fire. Same end result, but at least I'd decide when. Lol. Last ebl cells I bought were nimh. They weighed nothing, and were under 300mah even though marketed as 3000mah

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lol. No. Walmart does not sell rechargeable batteries. I've never in my life seen a lithium rechargeable battery on a store shelf. Can buy cr123s for $12 a piece at some hardware stores. 4 pack of ultimate lithiums for a little over $20. But no rechargeables
Not even Eneloops or the Duracell or Energizer rechargeables?

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not even Eneloops or the Duracell or Ener

Not even Eneloops or the Duracell or Energizer rechargeables?
No eneloops. Duracell yes but they're Chinese made now I think. The energizer ones are junk they're only like 1000mah. IKEA has their rewrapped eneloops. I have quite a few of those. But that's not lifepo4 16340s

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
No eneloops. Duracell yes but they're Chinese made now I think. The energizer ones are junk they're only like 1000mah. IKEA has their rewrapped eneloops. I have quite a few of those. But that's not lifepo4 16340s
Wow. You guys got screwed. You need to dump that premier or president or whatever that guy's title is and put somebody in office that will fight to get you some good deals. Come to think of it, you need an orange man. Or, you can move to the USA. Just come legally, please. We have more than enough illegal immigrants here. :rant:

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I ordered them last night so we will see hopefully they fit. It was only around $10 so if they work in about six months they will pay themselves off.

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow. You guys got screwed. You need to dump that premier or president or whatever that guy's title is and put somebody in office that will fight to get you some good deals. Come to think of it, you need an orange man. Or, you can move to the USA. Just come legally, please. We have more than enough illegal immigrants here. :rant:
Oh wait, you forgot to voice your hate toward Hillary Clinton (mommie issues?) or post another picture of the transportation secretary (trying to fight a deep seated desire?)

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh wait, you forgot to voice your hate toward Hillary Clinton (mommie issues?) or post another picture of the transportation secretary (trying to fight a deep seated desire?)
I suggest you seek counseling. You seem to not be able to let things go. I pity you. Your bitterness only hurts yourself. Get some help. Good luck to you.

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
So I got my soshine cells in. So far so good. They both tested at 550mah at 200ma discharge and held a nice steady voltage. They match too. Only 2mah difference between them and run the aviator perfectly. Have about 15 min of runtime on them and I expect about 5-10 more before the lamp drops out. One nice thing is the LEDs are still as bright as on new primaries. So a clear advantage there. Usually the LEDs are getting pretty dim by the bottom half of the charge.
And I don't have to worry about overdriving LEDs either. Or over discharging any standard li ions as they would drop down to below 2 V apiece. LFP cells are fine with that.
They power a kx4 head at full power too. As expected. And both low and high with an lx2

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
So these cells somehow gave me 33 mins of xenon output before dropping out of regulation to the red secondaries with my a2 aviator and ma02. Must be the extra voltage so the bulb sipped current. They're 1760mwh and a primary is 3875mwh. Means primaries have 45% more energy. So it's close. Still 5 mins more runtime than I expected. Good cells