Lighted Ballpoint Pen

toos

Newly Enlightened
I'm looking for a good quality ballpoint pen (something that would use Fisher Space pen refills preferred) that has a white LED light in the tip for low light writing situations. If it used 1AAA as the battery source, that would be great! I'm open to suggestions on a high quality AG.. battery version too though. Anyone have suggestions?

spoonrobot

Enlightened
I'm interested in this also.

I have a pen with a threaded base incandescent bulb that illuminates the writing area and runs off of 1xAAA but it has poor brightness compared to current LEDs and writes poorly. I've looked around for a replacement quite a bit so I'm interested to see what pops up.

Seems like this should be a common sense item but most of the pens with lights have the light facing towards the user and not towards the writing end of the pen. :duh2:

BillG

Newly Enlightened
Get the pietzl combo!

i bought a combo headlamp and pen.

works great......but its awfully slow writing with your head!:)

chmsam

Flashlight Enthusiast
I do not know of any pens that have a light and would use the Fisher refill but would a finger tip light work? Those are LED lights that Velcro around your finger and the light shines where your finger points. MalWart used to have them for about $1 or so and there are "military versions" for about $40. With the light on the finger tip you could just use any pen that you wanted.

s002cjs

Newly Enlightened
I can't find a reliable white one (besides one that DX carries, but I wouldn't consider it super-reliabel...worked so far, but quality just isn't there). Of all places, Linens n' Things carries one that takes button batteries, but it's in pink for breast cancer awareness. If you can stand the pink, my wife seems to enjoy the one I got for her, and it helps a good cause at the same time. :)

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
My wife, a nurse, has bought a number of these lighted pens from every source she finds, and none of them lasted a week at her work. She likes the idea also, but they all tend to stop working very quickly. They all have used button batteries from what I have seen.

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
Img_0502.jpg