lights you regret buying? why?

eh4

Flashlight Enthusiast
I paid over 50$ for a Coast light that had one mode and ran on one of those lateral 3 pack plastic aaa battery carriers. Got it for my lovely girlfriend.
She liked it. And admittedly the zoom feature is really nice.
As I learned more, it grated more and more on my nerves that I'd gotten her that mediocre light. I tried to take it back and got her multiple better ones, she said something about me taking a gift back... I can't even explain.
In time I will be vindicated, I just don't want that overpriced piece of junk to fail on her on the mean time.

Rider57

Newly Enlightened
@ eh4 i got my gf an sk68 a few months ago, she loves it. I explained to her all its pitfalls and limitations, including that one day it will take a dump. She new from the start but still likes it and uses it almost daily for around the house stuff. I recently gave her my Convoy M1 and she prefers the SK as its smaller and lighter for small chores.

I say you explain the situation and assure her when in fact it does die she will get an upgrade and that in fact all you were trying to do was prevent heart ache down the line.

If she upgrades before it dies, keep it as a back up or loaner. I have 2 Surefire 3AAA zoomies that are my back up loaner lights. When ever some one need a light i hand them those. Dont look at it as a $50 loss, look at it as a slightly malspent introduction to the hobby. Lol

Recoil Rob

Newly Enlightened
I purchased a couple of the Niteyze LED conversion kits for the Mini Mag AA lites. They are a poor design, to get them to work at all the front assembly must be unscrewed to within 1/2 turn of being loose, the O ring is showing. Waste of money.