Lion Cub Driver Board Removal?

knifebright

Enlightened
Hello all
I need a little help. the anode contact on my lion cub has seared probably from me moving it around and weakening it from changing out stars. Anyway i'd like to replace the wire however i cant seem to figure out how to get past de-soldering the leads. Is there some sort of trick or procedure to get the driver board out of the light?? thanks for the help
jimmy

georges80

Flashlight Enthusiast
knifebright said:
Hello all
I need a little help. the anode contact on my lion cub has seared probably from me moving it around and weakening it from changing out stars. Anyway i'd like to replace the wire however i cant seem to figure out how to get past de-soldering the leads. Is there some sort of trick or procedure to get the driver board out of the light?? thanks for the help
jimmy

If you have a o-ring behind the board (facing the battery tube), remove it. Other than desoldering all the wires AND removing the 'stake' that holds the ground wire in place (access from the Star side) the board will just 'slip' out. The ground wire goes from the LED- to the PCB and is staked with the rolled pin. So, you need to desolder the ground wire & remove the rolled pin.

Then you need to angle the PCB a bit to make the switch come out from the machined slot/hole in the side.

george.