• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired LionHearts Will Ship Very Slowly...*sob*

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
bald1 said:
Hey Charlie, would it help if the girls soccer team from U of H paid you a visit to help?

Let me know /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif. It *could* be arranged. hehehehe

BTW I'm just under 3 years to my second retirement too. Looking forward to playing on my own time!

Best!

Bob

• [/ QUOTE ]

Hey! Mebbe we could retire together! Have the first CPF retirement event! Where, Vegas?

As for the UH girl's soccer team, hmmm...perhaps a photo op? With all of them holding a LionHeart? Pic like that might could even make the 2005 CPF Calendar!

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Haesslich, I dunno, I kinda Like the glisten of the Al ones. Wife says they look "like jewelry". And they can always be fixed up later (buffed/beadblasted) to all-new appearance or even a dull matte finish. Not so for HA3...

BTW a little update - CNC guys said the rest of the bodies should have been done being anodized (that's anodized only) late this past Friday, so they expect the bodies to be dropped back in their laps tomorrow and then they get trucked down to the laser shop for the final process sequences (logo application, serial numbering, and the Very Proudly applied "Made In U.S.A." etching).

In fact Every last thing that Could be considered USA-made was used, costs be damned. Even the teflon-jacketed silversolder-tinned 7-stranded wire was made in Oklahoma. Now of course I know Luxeons are actually mf'd in Malaysia but hey, Lumileds is an American company and it was thought up and designed here and the final upper end profits go to them. Same for the componentry of the boards regardless whether the actual silicon sheeting was cut offshore (although I am not even sure about this, might have been in Oregon I believe I was told).

Therefore - the LionHeart flashlight will be more American than even your American car, which contains parts and assemblies from Canada, Mexico, etc. You are creating and retaining jobs for fellow citizens, whether you care to or not. And to Pascal, et al, plus our Asian buyers, hey, you'll be getting an "exotic import"! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

Haesslich

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like the look of the Al ones.. but that's like my FlikLite LS:1 - pretty toy to look at and play with, but when I go out, it stays at home, safe on my desk. HA-III isn't as shiny and lustrous, but I wouldn't be at all afraid to take it out or wear it on my belt. Yes, you can repolish the bare Al, that's still a pain, and once it's scratched up, I'd have to blast it. Though the bare Al is $11 cheaper... though I like the idea of a gold-colored internal Allodyne finish.

Say, how hard WOULD it be to repolish the top half of the light? I agree, that thing's pretty, but I'd like some advice on that... or maybe someone could photoshop an image of a matte-dull one? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
MR Bulk said:
Haesslich, I dunno, I kinda Like the glisten of the Al ones. Wife says they look "like jewelry". And they can always be fixed up later (buffed/beadblasted) to all-new appearance or even a dull matte finish. Not so for HA3...

BTW a little update - CNC guys said the rest of the bodies should have been done being anodized (that's anodized only) late this past Friday, so they expect the bodies to be dropped back in their laps tomorrow and then they get trucked down to the laser shop for the final process sequences (logo application, serial numbering, and the Very Proudly applied "Made In U.S.A." etching).

In fact Every last thing that Could be considered USA-made was used, costs be damned. Even the teflon-jacketed silversolder-tinned 7-stranded wire was made in Oklahoma. Now of course I know Luxeons are actually mf'd in Malaysia but hey, Lumileds is an American company and it was thought up and designed here and the final upper end profits go to them. Same for the componentry of the boards regardless whether the actual silicon sheeting was cut offshore (although I am not even sure about this, might have been in Oregon I believe I was told).

Therefore - the LionHeart flashlight will be more American than even your American car, which contains parts and assemblies from Canada, Mexico, etc. You are creating and retaining jobs for fellow citizens, whether you care to or not. And to Pascal, et al, plus our Asian buyers, hey, you'll be getting an "exotic import"! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm with you on the bare AL Mr_B /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif And I've always loved seeing the words 'Made in the USA' /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif well even better if it is assembled in Hawakyee /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

Frenchyled

Flashaholic*
[ QUOTE ]
MR Bulk said:
... And to Pascal, et al, plus our Asian buyers, hey, you'll be getting an "exotic import"! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hehe, "Made in U.S.A" is not so bad, I would have prefered "Made in Hawai by Mr bulk Himself" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
... and don't forget the CE Logo /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

PS: Please send me a picture of the UH girl's soccer team, holding a LionHeart with my HA III one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif (Topless prefered /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif)

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
"Made In Hawaii"...hmmm...I believe there's a worthy idea in there somewhere; it is actually assembled in Hawaii after all...and with the bodies not yet at the laser etchers it's still not too late to change either...hmmm...poll time? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

MicroE

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
FrenchyLed said:
PS: Please send me a picture of the UH girl's soccer team, holding a LionHeart with my HA III one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif (Topless prefered /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif)

[/ QUOTE ]

Frenchy---What good is a topless Lionheart?
It would just be a pretty aluminum tube for holding a Pila battery. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif---Marc

Haesslich

Flashlight Enthusiast
Eh, 'Made in Hawaii' fits as well as anything else - especially given the way labels are these days. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif But 'Made in Hawaii' sounds better - especially since plain old 'Made in the U.S.A.' seems so generic, somehow. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Alright, ZenGhost's suggestions about polish sound good too... time to do some hunting. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
MR Bulk said:
"Made In Hawaii"...hmmm...I believe there's a worthy idea in there somewhere; it is actually assembled in Hawaii after all...and with the bodies not yet at the laser etchers it's still not too late to change either...hmmm...poll time? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

GO for it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

scrappy

Enlightened
Just got mine.... WOW is all I have to say. I mean really, this light is amazing. It now joins my SBP and my VIP in my Bulky collection. The light is smaller then I thought it was going to be and the output is even greater then i thought.....Charlie you are the best.

Rich

PS.. thanks to the HAT team as always....

mst3k

Enlightened
I think Made in Hawaii is an awesome idea. It gives it a more personal touch than just being made in the Big Ole U.S.A, but whatever you choose, Charlie, is fine with me.

Catman10

Enlightened
My vote is also for made in Hawaii. Gives it an exotic feel. Perhaps "Custom made" due to all the work you've had to do.

toyopet

Newly Enlightened
"Made in Hawaii" - Definitely /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

*edit*
BTW - I wouldn't mind getting LH #13 if nobody else wants that one.

bindibadgi

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like made in Hawaii! It sounds so exotic. And toyopet, sure you don't want Hawaii 50? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

bajaiman

Enlightened
Woooohoooo... My Lion has arrived /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif ... very nicely made. I tried to turn it on but it didn't light up...maybe the battery is flat. I try it again when I get back home as I don't have the power plug converter handy. Mr B...You've missed something in the package. I'll PM you

Radiant

Newly Enlightened
Made in Hawaii is cool with me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Latest posts