List of LED light bulbs with fan inside?

poiihy

Enlightened
Does anyone know of a list or something like that of LED light bulbs with a built-in fan inside? I can't find anything on google, all I find is led light bulbs for ceiling fans, not led light bulbs with fan inside.

poiihy

Enlightened
The Philips MR16 bulbs have a fan inside. Also some other bulb electronupdate reviewed had a fan (don't remember what it was called). There are also some other bulbs with fans that are not well known. But after seeing bulbs with fans inside now i'm interested in them... not that I want to buy any but just want to see.

Anders Hoveland

Enlightened
I have seen some LED fixtures with built-in fans, but they are usually very large high output lamps for industrial or warehouse use.

poiihy

Enlightened
Seems like nobody knows of any bulbs with fans... probably same reason I can't find anything when I search on Google. The fans are hidden inside the bulbs but not advertised so that is probably why they are not known.

yuandrew

Flashlight Enthusiast
The original EarthLED Evolux, which was introduced back in 2008, has a cooling fan. It's been long discontinued by now.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002499KDS/?tag=cpf0b6-20

Anders mentioned industrial/warehouse "High Bays". I don't remember the brand but a lighting store in my area I visit every once in a while (LightBulbs ECT) had some LED retrofits for such HID fixtures. It looked somewhat like a giant reflector/floodlight bulb with a big cylinder on top that has air vents. Remove/bypass the ballast (connect the power supply directly to the socket) and then screw the whole unit in. When powered up, you'll hear the fan start then the LEDs would light up a second afterward.

Edit:

These look like it. http://www.led-llc.com/products/site-post-top/garage-low-bay-high-bay-hid-retrofit

Last edited:

poiihy

Enlightened
Very interesting, thanks!

I saw someone around here say something about they had an EarthLED bulb like that and that the fan was noisy, so I looked up the name and found that bulb. Very weird looking bulb :p

Wind001

Newly Enlightened
I've never seen or heard of any manufactured stand alone LED bulbs with an inside fan. But have seen some looking like in-stock ceiling fans.

poiihy

Enlightened
I've never seen or heard of any manufactured stand alone LED bulbs with an inside fan. But have seen some looking like in-stock ceiling fans.

Philips MR16 has (or used to have) a fan inside. Pretty crazy for a tiny bulb :p The Solais LR30 bulb has a fan too. Also this bulb has a place for a fan but doesn't actually have a fan. And of course the EarthLED EvoLux, which you can see above, has a fan (those retrofits too).