List of Must have Torches?

greenethumb

Newly Enlightened
I have to agree with the Zebralight H501 guys. Once I got one, it's hard to imagine being without. I've told friends that, flashaholic or not, if you EVER work on anything with both hands or EVER in a dim light situation, you NEED this light. And it runs on AA.

Next would be a NiteCore EZAA. Since I got one, it goes everywhere I go-left front pocket. And it runs on AA.

My third must have is the Surefire E2DL. This is an amazing light, in both form and function, and is as bright as necessary for me. Don't think for one minute that a bright light like this isn't a deterrent to bad guys thinking of doing bad things. It's already got me out of a couple potentially bad situations and when I go on a trip, it is always in the glove compartment, and often in a pocket, though it's a little big for this.

The only thing to add is ANYTHING made by Gene Malkoff:twothumbs. If you appreciate quality and first class service, it doesn't get any better than this-anywhere. The only bad thing about him is that he never stops coming up with NEW must haves for me (hoping to receive my MD4 Wildcat today or tomorrow!).

DHart

Flashlight Enthusiast
Like many others here on this forum, I've got far more great flashlights than I can possibly use. They are all great in their own ways. But when it comes down to "must have" I must say that at present, of my 30+ lights, these I would consider to be "must have":

#1 Quark 123-2 on 17670

#2 Quark 123 with a single AA tube for alternate/emergency use

#3 LD01

#4 Nitecore D10

#5 Z2 Combatlight w/Dereelight MC-E 3-mode lamp & Z59 tailcap

#6 LF3XT

#7 Zebralight 501 Q3 5A

Last edited:

russtang

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't think the collection is complete until you have...

ARC aaa
HDS/RA Lights in any flavor.
McGizmo 1x123 in any flavor.

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
In my list its not a particular brand or model but more of a 'type'. Here goes:

1. Keychain light.
Fenix E01, Fenix LD01, Akoray K102, Lummi Raw NS, Luxogen 3W CR2

2. Slightly larger EDC such as a light that uses 1 CR123, 1 AA etc.
Jet II Pro IBS, Jet I Pro IBS v2.0, LED Lenser P5

3. A 'tactical' light that uses 2AA's, 2CR123's, 1 18650 etc.
Surefire G2 w Cree R2 drop in, Hugsby B2 with Cree R2 drop in, Ultrafire 606, Romisen RC-N3, Jet III Pro ST, Ultrafire 502 with MC-E drop in

4. BIG flood or throw light (ur choice, but more on the lots of lumens light) such as the TK40, M2 range
Aurora WF-600 Q5, Led Lenser P14, Mag 3D with stock LED and aspheric lens (KD)

5. Headlamps
Zebralight H501

6. HID
sob sob no HID yet

that's it for me as the others havent come in yet:

2 x SS Ultrafire C3 5 modes, Akoray k106 and Ultrafire WF500 (xenon)