Lithium primary to Australia

rrt0000

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys - :D

I'm interested in buying some lights from 4sevens (which come with lithium primary cells).
I've tried researching online but can't seem to find a definate answer.

Q: Can lithium cells be received into Australia?

/Edit - This is in regards to AUSPost bans on lithium batteries.
Thanks for the help.

Last edited:

pmath

Newly Enlightened
I'm in Melbourne and have bought 4sevens direct from them on 3 occassions. No problems at all. Both rechargeables and normal CR123s.

Even if you had to pay duty it would be heaps cheaper than the rip off prices we pay normally here.

Peter

Fusion_m8

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF member Random seems to have a surplus of Battery Station CR123a's for sale a while ago. Perhaps he still has some, just sent him a PM.

I purchased 20 cells from him before and those cells were excellent performers, comparable to Surefires and Energizers.

VidPro

Flashlight Enthusiast
which leads to this PDF being the latest
http://auspost.com.au/media/documents/customer-guidelines-for-lithium-batteries.pdf
no "Air Mail" and 100WH limitation, that is about the same here in the US.
(and has been about as confusing and enforced in similarity)

plus no difference between lithium and li-ion all defined as "lithium"

leave the Slow boat method :) or Cargo only carriers (from what they are saying) with no racks of humans being transported at the same time.

DHL and UPS carriers handle this stuff with little problem (before the fedex scare) , they just have tags for them.
yet when I Requested and PAID for DHL from china, the seller decided to sneak it past in post instead. (which didnt bother me much)

I think the idea is still that ""Postal Mail" is regularly tossed on airlines, with 247 people above it with it hiding down in the cargo hold where they dont know if something has gone wrong.
Here in the US they also prefer that on the airlines you keep your batteries in carry on, and/or they stay sealed, in the devices, unable to short out, are in minimal quantities Few spares, and are being tranported safely. <--- that being the key.

The "Ground" shipping still Cargo flying stuff from UPS and DHL they have thier own procedures, and rules and are also getting a lot of business from the postal rules.

But Still, some fool will send me batteries , that are packaged poorly, without even the minimal guidelines for NORMAL shipping and staying insured. Take UPS they say at Least 1" of padding , foam peanuts air bladders, for the items inside the package, or the insurance will be void. then in comes Pounds of Li-poly sitting in the bottom of a box , DUUUUUHHHH
This stuff wouldnt be this way if there was common sence.

Last edited: