Long scratch on new LOD-CE reflector... what would you do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turbo DV8

Flashlight Enthusiast
So, someone claimed that any scratch on a reflector had to produce some visible artifact in the beam. But the scratch in my LOD-CE reflector doesn't at all. Is that because all points on the miniscule reflector are so close to the light source (LED), hence the scratch is "out of focus?" Or is it because the area of the LED is nearly a quarter the size of the reflecting surface? Has anybody had a scratch on the reflector of some other light that produced an artifact, and if so, how big in diameter was the reflector?

half-watt

Flashlight Enthusiast
IMO, which, of course, could be wrong, someone OFFICIAL (are they called "moderators" here on CPF???) should really CLOSE this THREAD. i, for one, would appreciate it. Or, maybe it should be moved to the JEERS Thread or the "Underground"???

of course, no one is forcing me to briefly "skim" the Posts in this Thread and try to digest their salient points.

"Can't we all just get along?"

Turbo DV8

Flashlight Enthusiast
Or, maybe it should be moved to the JEERS Thread or the "Underground"?

My original post, before the thread was resurrected and then perpetuated by a few bad apples, was clearly not a jeer. It's too bad that a couple bad apples have degenerated this thread to leave a "JEERS-like" aftertaste.

wintermute

Enlightened
Re: Long scratch-this is getting insane. Court TV anyone?

aye!

Close it - as I stated before it should have been closed once Turbo declined the offer to get the replacement.

katx

Newly Enlightened

aye!

Close it - as I stated before it should have been closed once Turbo declined the offer to get the replacement.

Yes! Because this forum is all about Wintermute and FS. When Wintermute is tired of a topic, we must stop. And when, God forbid, FS's offer is rejected, the thread should be closed too.

Never mind that others might want to discuss business practices, flashlight performance, importance, or lack there of, of minor embellishments, effect of scratches on beam quality, etc, etc, etc.

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast

Maybe it would be good to have this thread closed if those other things are ever going to get discussed. It is obvious that neither side can leave this alone, and that the only thing that will be discussed here is how eloquent our debating skills are when it comes to who is right, and who is wrong.

I would also suggest that this thread be closed, and another opened to discuss the subjects that katx mentioned. This thread will live on in the pages of CPF history for those that want to reference it, but I don't see the need for it to continue.

Yes! Because this forum is all about Wintermute and FS. When Wintermute is tired of a topic, we must stop. And when, God forbid, FS's offer is rejected, the thread should be closed too.

Never mind that others might want to discuss business practices, flashlight performance, importance, or lack there of, of minor embellishments, effect of scratches on beam quality, etc, etc, etc.

half-watt

Flashlight Enthusiast

Kx,

please jump on me and not wintermute. if i'm not mistaken (i've only skimmed this Thread and not read word for word), i was the first one to suggest that it be closed.

if i'm correct in this, then, if you want to vent on someone, feel free to vent on me - i have a thick hide (you get that in the Corp). "Shields Up!!"

wintermute

Enlightened

Katx, would you please just stop. You keep going even when everyone has said their piece. The thread has run it's course and I said as much. You know, I have looked through your posts, and I can't find much that you contribute to this board shy of incessant arguing and attacks. Take a breather - chill out - and try to figure out something else to contribute besides personal attacks and baiting of other members. I know I am not completely innocent in this thread - or a few others, but 90+% of my posts are ones which are not argumentative or sarcastic, and I try to help people with their questions extensively. You on the other hand have a vendetta out against me because I said something you didn't like regarding your difficulty in comprehending the Fenix UI. When you had questions about the gas release from batteries and such I tried to help you there and you still rattled off an insult before you thanked everyone in the thread for the help. Please, find something better to post about then attacking me for trying to get the thread closed.

Kx,

please jump on me and not wintermute. if i'm not mistaken (i've only skimmed this Thread and not read word for word), i was the first one to suggest that it be closed.

if i'm correct in this, then, if you want to vent on someone, feel free to vent on me - i have a thick hide (you get that in the Corp). "Shields Up!!"

I appreciate it half-watt, but words don't get through to katx. He is on a mission to attack and discredit me whenever he gets a chance, even when I try to help him with something. I was all mean to him in a post a month ago, and it seems to have really hurt his feelings so he hasn't let up since. But don't worry - my skin is thick enough to handle anything this individual tries to dish out. Like they say, winning an argument on an internet message board is like winning the...

Well, I'm sure you know the rest. :crackup:

Turbo DV8

Flashlight Enthusiast

wintermute:
aye! Close it - as I stated before it should have been closed once Turbo declined the offer to get the replacement.

That's because you have only ever perceived this as a personal attack on 4sevens' Fenix-store.com. Take a look at my original post. Nowhere did I mention David, 4sevens, or Fenix-store in my original post. I purposely avoided it. It was all about a scratched light I received. No mention of who sent it to me. If I had wanted to make a personal attack on 4sevens, I would have started the thread in JEERS.

katx:
Yes! Because this forum is all about Wintermute and FS. When Wintermute is tired of a topic, we must stop. Never mind that others might want to discuss business practices, flashlight performance, importance, or lack there of, of minor embellishments, effect of scratches on beam quality.

Maybe it would be good to have this thread closed if those other things are ever going to get discussed.

Umm, so, instead of demanding the thread be closed, maybe offer something other than attacks, for a change? I gave you the window a few posts back, but you just couldn't run with it, could you? You'd rather come back and demand the thread be closed. Priceless.:thumbsdow

Turbo DV8:

So, someone claimed that any scratch on a reflector had to produce some visible artifact in the beam. But the scratch in my LOD-CE reflector doesn't at all. Is that because all points on the miniscule reflector are so close to the light source (LED), hence the scratch is "out of focus?" Or is it because the area of the LED is nearly a quarter the size of the reflecting surface? Has anybody had a scratch on the reflector of some other light that produced an artifact, and if so, how big in diameter was the reflector?

Since you won't stop your onward assault and have nothing further to offer when I try to move it away from the personal back to the technical, perhaps you should just quit posting. Then the thread will either close itself, or at least allow other people to move it forward. You've polluted this thread to the point where even when I try to steer it away from your attacks, no outsider even dares to venture in or post a reply to my legitimate questions. It seems the only instigators keeping this thread at top billing are wintermute and Bondr006, the very ones who claim to wish it dead. Ironic, no?:shrug:

Last edited:

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can keep your bucket of worms Turbo. Seems you can't let it go either. The best you can do now is keep on baiting.
watermarkphpes0.gif

Last edited:

katx

Newly Enlightened

Katx, would you please just stop. You keep going even when everyone has said their piece. The thread has run it's course and I said as much. You know, I have looked through your posts, and I can't find much that you contribute to this board shy of incessant arguing and attacks. Take a breather - chill out - and try to figure out something else to contribute besides personal attacks and baiting of other members. I know I am not completely innocent in this thread - or a few others, but 90+% of my posts are ones which are not argumentative or sarcastic, and I try to help people with their questions extensively. You on the other hand have a vendetta out against me because I said something you didn't like regarding your difficulty in comprehending the Fenix UI. When you had questions about the gas release from batteries and such I tried to help you there and you still rattled off an insult before you thanked everyone in the thread for the help. Please, find something better to post about then attacking me for trying to get the thread closed.

I appreciate it half-watt, but words don't get through to katx. He is on a mission to attack and discredit me whenever he gets a chance, even when I try to help him with something. I was all mean to him in a post a month ago, and it seems to have really hurt his feelings so he hasn't let up since. But don't worry - my skin is thick enough to handle anything this individual tries to dish out. Like they say, winning an argument on an internet message board is like winning the...

Well, I'm sure you know the rest. :crackup:

Translation: "This whole scratch thing was concocted by Turbo who is the same person as KATX in order to discredit me, Wintermute. Mememememem. Wahhhhhhhh!!!!"

katx

Newly Enlightened
To the person whose name rhymes with lupus and mucus: thanks for you contribution.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.