Longest throw: TIGERLIGHT vs MAGCHARGER

brightnorm

Flashaholic
Re: Longest throw: TIGERLIGHT or new MAGCHARGER?

Originally posted by jtivat:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by oren1s:
JT,

So how do u like the Powerstream cells? I couldn't find the W/A bulb too :-( i have e-mailed them but no reply for more then a week.

I know its off topic, but can't hold it, how is MC vs SF 10x?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">The X10 is by far the brightest to 240'. I love the Powerstream cells the 125 minute run time I got was only there second charge so it should get even better.
grin.gif
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Can the MAGCH with Powerstreams be left in its charger as safely as with the regular MAG batteries?

BN

oren1s

Newly Enlightened

I don't own a Powerstream cells as yet i have a shipping costs issue as i'm overseas, however i was impressed by the Co and there product. JT got them
smile.gif

I assume they can be left on charger the same as the original MC battery. Both are NiCd cells.
Personally i don't like leave my cells on charger as the charger is very basic and not a trickle.

JT

Your cells are flat top or with the + hump?

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast

Originally posted by oren1s:
I don't own a Powerstream cells as yet i have a shipping costs issue as i'm overseas, however i was impressed by the Co and there product. JT got them
smile.gif

I assume they can be left on charger the same as the original MC battery. Both are NiCd cells.
Personally i don't like leave my cells on charger as the charger is very basic and not a trickle.

JT

Your cells are flat top or with the + hump?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I was pleasantly surprised with there appearance after looking at the pictures on there web site.
grin.gif

PS.jpg

brightnorm

Flashaholic

Originally posted by jtivat:
....I love the Powerstream cells the 125 minute run time I got was only there second charge so it should get even better.
grin.gif
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">jtivat,

Do I have to assemble the PowerStreams into a stick or can I use them "loose"?

BN

oren1s

Newly Enlightened

Thanks JT

I want them too :)

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast

Originally posted by brightnorm:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by jtivat:
....I love the Powerstream cells the 125 minute run time I got was only there second charge so it should get even better.
grin.gif
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">jtivat,

Do I have to assemble the PowerStreams into a stick or can I use them "loose"?

BN
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I tried putting some heat shrink on them but it has to fat to fit so I have been using them loose.
grin.gif

brightnorm

Flashaholic
Re: Longest throw: TIGERLIGHT or new MAGCHARGER? *DELETED*

Post deleted by brightnorm

Unicorn

Flashlight Enthusiast

I've seen the Tigherlight with both 2nd, and 3rd generation lamps (thanks SilverFox), and I think that's what I want. Of course the Mag does have the advantage when it comes to run time, availabiltiy of bulbs and the price of bulbs. How does it's beam look at a distance of around 100 to 200 yards? Meaning, how is the surround light? If I'm looking to see if someone is hiding in some bushes at 100 yards, would I have to aim the hotspot right at them, or is the spill enough?
but can't afford it right now. something too bulky. And I'm hoping that as time goes on, TL will further improve it's beam quality.

Edited to add: I ended up with the Mag for now.

chr00t

Newly Enlightened

Question.. What is LA stand for?

[ QUOTE ]
flashlightlens.com said:

I thought that TL has yet to ship any 2nd gen LA's due to their somewhat recent loss of their supplier. Will the still awaited LA replacements that are promised in letters accompanying the recent TL shipments actually be a 3rd generation then?

Chris

[/ QUOTE ]

Size15's

Flashaholic

LA = Lamp Assembly
It usually indicates that the [replacement] bulb is attached to some form of mount or interface - in many cases it is pre-focused and fixed in a reflector.

In the case of the TigerLight, it's Lamp Assembly is a bulb fixed inside it's reflector. The cable from the battery connects to two short wires sticking out of the back of the Lamp Assembly.

Al

chr00t

Newly Enlightened

Ohh got it. thank you!

[ QUOTE ]
Size15s said:
LA = Lamp Assembly
It usually indicates that the [replacement] bulb is attached to some form of mount or interface - in many cases it is pre-focused and fixed in a reflector.

In the case of the TigerLight, it's Lamp Assembly is a bulb fixed inside it's reflector. The cable from the battery connects to two short wires sticking out of the back of the Lamp Assembly.

Al

[/ QUOTE ]

RazorMaxx

Newly Enlightened

Where can I get the new Mag charger bulbs and where can I get one of these W/A 01111 bulbs?

Thanks

brightnorm

Flashaholic

[ QUOTE ]
RazorMaxx said:
Where can I get the new Mag charger bulbs and where can I get one of these W/A 01111 bulbs?

Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

BRIGHTER MAGCHARGER BULB

Brightnorm

RazorMaxx

Newly Enlightened

Thank You. I have e-mailed him with a couple of questions but haven't heard anything. May be because of the weekend or maybe he's out for a couple of days. If I don't hear anything from him I will probably try to call sometime first of the week.

From what I have read it looks like it should be a nice improvement.

brightnorm

Flashaholic

[ QUOTE ]
RazorMaxx said:
Thank You. I have e-mailed him with a couple of questions but haven't heard anything. May be because of the weekend or maybe he's out for a couple of days. If I don't hear anything from him I will probably try to call sometime first of the week.

From what I have read it looks like it should be a nice improvement.

[/ QUOTE ]

Brightguy is moving to a new location, but I forgot whether it's this or next weekend.

BN

RazorMaxx

Newly Enlightened

Thanks BN. I was hoping to get it from him along with a new button or two and maybe a lens. Mine is completely worn out. I carried this light for about 7 years while being an LEO which is one reason I want to just keep it rather than getting something different for some obvious reasons.

Unicorn

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
brightnorm said:
I was curious to see how well the Magcharger held its focus under "stress" so, using very moderate force I hit it several times against a very firm foam pad placed on the (wood) floor.

The focus was definitely disturbed and I was no longer able to focus it as perfectly as before, suggesting that the lamp itself had moved. I opened the light and re-centered the bulb as best as I could. The focus was still poorer than before. I repeated this procedure several times with similar results.

I find this puzzling. Does anyone have an explanation?

Brightnorm

[/ QUOTE ]

I know that this is very old, but I just noticed that hte head on my Magcharger wobbles a bit. Could your hitting it have made any wobble already present even worse?

brightnorm

Flashaholic

[ QUOTE ]
Unicorn said:
[ QUOTE ]
brightnorm said:
I was curious to see how well the Magcharger held its focus under "stress" so, using very moderate force I hit it several times against a very firm foam pad placed on the (wood) floor.

The focus was definitely disturbed and I was no longer able to focus it as perfectly as before, suggesting that the lamp itself had moved. I opened the light and re-centered the bulb as best as I could. The focus was still poorer than before. I repeated this procedure several times with similar results.

I find this puzzling. Does anyone have an explanation?

Brightnorm

[/ QUOTE ]

I know that this is very old, but I just noticed that hte head on my Magcharger wobbles a bit. Could your hitting it have made any wobble already present even worse?

[/ QUOTE ]

I got another bulb and after fiddling with it for a while the beam looks good.

BN

Unicorn

Flashlight Enthusiast

That's good then. I was just playing with... um using, my light at work and noticed that the head could be moved around a bit. It's why I can't get a nice spot beam without a "tail" at one end. If I move the head it can get a lot better, but it's something that I wish Mag would fix. Yeah, as if.