Looking for a good rifle.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
But RingZero, I never ever rapid fired the SS Mini-14. I had a couple types of ammo at the range TRYING to zero the sites. It was spraying bullets like a paint gun. I tried almost 50 shots with at least a minute between 'em.

I sold it at the next gunshow for about what I gave for it.

My Chinese SKS is about 200% more accurate than that Mini.

If I could afford it, an AR15 variant would be my next purchase. Followed by an AK47.

ringzero

Flashlight Enthusiast
PlayboyJoeShmoe said:
But RingZero, I never ever rapid fired the SS Mini-14. I had a couple types of ammo at the range TRYING to zero the sites. It was spraying bullets like a paint gun. I tried almost 50 shots with at least a minute between 'em....I sold it at the next gunshow for about what I gave for it.

Easy there PlayboyJoeShmoe - I wasn't accusing you of abusing your SS Mini 14.

IIRC, it was rumored that Ruger was having all sorts of problems with the SS Mini 14. I recall several people I knew that bought an SS Mini 14 then got rid of it fairly quickly. Ruger was not - and is not - immune to QC problems.

Most Ruger products - especially models that have been in production for a long time - appear to be pretty much bombproof.

Ruger has had more than a few problems when introducing new models over the years. Sorry Ruger fans, but I think if you're honest with yourself, then you'll have to admit that's true.

fire-stick

Enlightened
What about an AK with a folding stock, would I still be able to mount a scope on it? My dad has a wasr-10 and the scope is made to mount to the side. I don't know if other AK's are like this, but if I get an AK would I still be able to use a scope and a folding stock?