Looking for incan 6P LA that runs on both rechargeables and primaries

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi all,

I've come to love my 9P and M3 because I can use 2x17500, and when the li-ions run dry I can quickly swap in 3 primaries and be off and running.

I just picked up a NIB 6P original, and I'm wondering if there are any easy rechargeable solutions for the P60 incan assembly.

Things I have considered, but want to stay away from:
Using a 17670 with a LF D26 3.7v drop in, and keeping a P60 in my SC1 spares carrier with primaries
Using the P60 LA, and finding a KR2 conversion kit which would require me to alter the light to switch to primaries, plus NiCd is not so great​

So I guess what I'm asking is, does anyone make a 6volt 17670 style battery?

Last edited:

Brasso

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Want 6P rechargeable solution that takes primaries

Tenergy makes 3v rcr's. I use those myself. Also any 3v Lifpo rcr will work.

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast

Tenergy makes 3v rcr's. I use those myself. Also any 3v Lifpo rcr will work.

I've heard those can shorten the life span of the bulb due to the lack of sag with the 3v batteries. What is your experience regarding longevity of the bulb in this setup?

archimedes

Flashaholic
The fivemega D26 adapters (bi-pin, G4 Sunlight) present various options, if you can find them ... many battery/lamp combos are listed in those threads, and include Strion (17670) or WA1111 (2xIMR16340), etc :)

Kestrel

Flashaholic

There are pretty much no satisfactory options for using any cells besides two CR123 primaries with the SureFire P60 incan LA and the standard length SF 6P body - nothing else gives the correct voltage match for the P60 LA (besides four NiMH's).

By far the best incan option for the 6P's IMO is to use a P90 LA and 2x IMR16340's or 2x IMR18350's (in a bored body).

I admit that I am a bit confused with the contradiction between your thread title and your text:

Want 6P rechargeable solution that takes primaries

[...] I'm wondering if there are any easy rechargeable solutions for the P60 incan assembly.

... since 'primaries' aren't rechargeable. :confused:

Brasso

Flashlight Enthusiast

I believe he wants a rechargeable option that will also run off primaries. The 3v Tenergies are all I know of. I don't have enough experience to give an opinion regarding bulb life.

As stated above, there are many options with a FiveMega adapter, or just use a M91 and 2 3.7v lions. LumensFactory has bulbs set up for rcr's also, but they don't run on primaries in the same light. You would have to swith modules and/or bodies out.

jamesmtl514

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a p90 in my 6p running off 2x 16340, it works well, can't go to primaries though.
The Malkoff M61 does give you both primary and rcr options

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast

Brasso, have you experienced reduced bulb life using the Tenergy 3v RCRs? What kind of run time do you see with them?

I believe he wants a rechargeable option that will also run off primaries.

Correct. I'm sorry if that wasn't clear in my OP.

I'm thinking at this point I may just stick with my 9P incan since it works with 3x123 or 2x17500, and find a HCRI LED drop in for my 6P. I'm interested in Nailbender's HCRI XML, but I don't want anything too warm (had a Veleno E series HCRI drop in, and it was a horrible tint IMO). I'll have to do some research into HCRI in the LED subforum.

Thanks for the recommendations.

Last edited:

Kestrel

Flashaholic

That's cool. Primaries are somewhat better in 3xCR123 lights compared to 2xCR123 lights anyway - lower current draw from the higher voltage cell stack (~7.5v instead of ~5v) causes the lithium chemistry to operate more efficiently, yielding 5-10% more watt-hours in each cell. Free energy. :)

archimedes

Flashaholic
....I'm thinking at this point I may just stick with my 9P incan since it works with 3x123 or 2x17500, and find a HCRI LED drop in for my 6P. I'm interested in Nailbender's HCRI XML, but I don't want anything too warm (had a Veleno E series HCRI drop in, and it was a horrible tint IMO). I'll have to do some research into HCRI in the LED subforum.

Thanks for the recommendations.

Might want to look into Malkoffs with the Nichia 219 emitter ... :thumbsup:

Last edited:

novice

Flashlight Enthusiast
In addition to the Nichia 219 Malkoffs offered at IlluminationSupply, the Overready site offers a 'neutral' M60 Malkoff variation. I don't know how these two tints compare.

archimedes

Flashaholic
In addition to the Nichia 219 Malkoffs offered at IlluminationSupply, the Overready site offers a 'neutral' M60 Malkoff variation. I don't know how these two tints compare.

I think that the OR M60N is a 4000K XR-E, likely better throw but not available in "High CRI" ....

Illumination Supply lists the M61-219 (NVSL219AT-H1) at 4500K & 92 CRI rating.

Last edited:

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
A14 or A14N adapter and a B65 battery is the only proper way I've ever found to run a P60 in a rechargeable setup. If you could find a aftermarket body a 4 NiMh/NiCd configuration should work as well. The Surefire B65 is basically 4 small NiCd's in a shrinkwrap tube.

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
I picked up a nichia 219 drop in from nailbender for my 6P. It has great color rendition, comparable to the P60. Guess I found my answer, for now.

Posted using Tapatalk on my HTC Evo