Laser products Surefire 6P

DE73

Newly Enlightened
Anyone that have some more information about this old Surefire? Model year? Value?

Attachments

• IMG_5973.jpeg
    IMG_5973.jpeg
    122.8 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_5972.jpeg
    IMG_5972.jpeg
    90.7 KB · Views: 137

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
i got one of these models in '95,
(and like them way more than the newer hex head models)

as for value:
i say: none ... as there were soooo many of them.
and even when someone wants to pay You a premium for it ... it NEVER gets near to 1/3-half of what the original buyer (in Sveden) had put down for it. Here (in Europe) there was an extreme premium price called for Surefires back then.

DE73

Newly Enlightened
It's really good looking, I like the simple symmetrical design. Almost too nice to use. It's not my light but I'm planning to buy it.

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK, then the looong type - as I had all those thought already ...
;-)
a quick search on E-bay shows about 100-150,-- for Surefire 6 Ps
(even used ones) ((CRAZY))
and I think I also have exactly the picture You postet ... for 245,--
(dont ask me for my opinion),
but
as You want to purchase one, it is just what You are willing (and able) to spend, so if that is OK, why not.

to the light:
in the beginning I did not use it much, as the original setup eats through batteries like crazy,
and I simply could not (and did not want) to pay that, back then. + not produce that number of empty cells.

in 2004 I have mine custom bored to house an 18650 Li-Ion cell;
(body widened from ~16 mm to ~18 mm inside diameter)
and from then on, this light - every 6P - makes sense suddenly and can be considered a "use frequently" light.

additionally You could change the light insert - which You will have problems to get, as they are no longer made - to a
"P60 led insert"
and that is the way to go.

instead of the 2 * CR123, put a single 1 * 16650 inside,
get a P60-Led_insert for single Li-Ion cell

PS: having the light "bored" for an 18650 houses the danger of destroying it!
Pls dont do it when You get the 245,-- one

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are also minor variations in the switch that tell you if it's older/newer in that same body style. The oldest have wide rubber buttons that are completely smooth. Then wide buttons with texturing, then smaller textured buttons.

DE73

Newly Enlightened
If buying it I'm definitely going for a led drop in. A have other Surefire that can take 18650 so will not bore this one. Where did you find the pictures? The price for this one is definitely not 245. If you find the same pictures this seller must have stolen them and it's a scam.

muichimon

Newly Enlightened
This package was used from around 1995 until the company name was changed. I would guess that the 6P in the image is from the mid-90s because the switch rubber is a smooth type.
The two 6P packages in this image have paper boxes and plastic cases from the early 90's, and the plastic case is even older.
If you are in doubt, get them, because there will not be more of the old laser products surefire in the future, and the number of good condition ones will continue to decrease.
IMG_7537.JPG

DE73

Newly Enlightened
I have tracking number and it should arrive tomorrow.
Much better price then this one:
I doubt anyone will buy it.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I'd given up on a Laser Products 6P when a "non working" one showed up at eBay buy it now for $35! It was scratched to heck, yet photos revealed the lens was really nice. Man I scooped that sucker up quick-like, put on a Malkoff clicky and an M361w (from a group buy) and never looked back.

Oh, and the Laser Products P60 it came with worked fine. The batteries were dead.

DE73

Newly Enlightened
I'd given up on a Laser Products 6P when a "non working" one showed up at eBay buy it now for $35! It was scratched to heck, yet photos revealed the lens was really nice. Man I scooped that sucker up quick-like, put on a Malkoff clicky and an M361w (from a group buy) and never looked back.

Oh, and the Laser Products P60 it came with worked fine. The batteries were dead.
Mine is almost to nice to use. It would have been better if it already had some dings and scratches.