Looking to buy a Surefire... have a few questions.

SurefireM6

Enlightened
Well the A19 adapter will extend the 2 cell to 3 cell. Don't forget that. Then you can change the 6P/d2/c2 into a 3 cell.

xtan1x

Newly Enlightened
Well let me put the selection this way. Ideally i want three lights (and i only wanted one a couple hours ago /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif )

1. The kickass bright light (P61 light)
2. The one I use most of the time (probably P60 light)
3. The one I'm not afriad to abuse (P60 again, probably gonna be a g2)

So here is how i see it.

1. C2 Centurion + P61
2. D2 Defender w/ P60
3. G2 or Pelican M6

The rest of my lights are led's, so i'm trying to get a few incandescents in the mix. Any opinions on my selections?

SurefireM6

Enlightened
I would change the D2 to an E2e. It's the same output and half the size. It's hard to imagine until you hold one in your hand. First thing I hear from people is "Damn this is small" and it's brighter than a 5D M*glite.

Your selections are all 2 cell so you may want to change your "kickass" bright light to a 3 cell and use the P91 200lm instead of the P61 120lm.

So just something to consider:

1. 9P w/Pyrex + P91 (kickass bright light)
2. E2e (Every Day Carryable)
3. G2 (Rugged and abusable, able to use P61)

PieThatCorner

Enlightened
Re: Looking to buy a Surefire... have a few questi

[ QUOTE ]
SurefireM6 said:
Well with the C2, you can add the M2 bezel for $25 and have an M2!

[/ QUOTE ]

M6, or anyone... can you please point me in the direction for picking up an M2 (HA) bezel? Or should I just put in a call to SF?

Thanks in advance...

-Jim

finboy1672

Newly Enlightened

I have a Z3, which has the polycarbonate lens. If I want to use the P91 lamp, do I need the Pyrex lens (will the plastic melt)? If so, what's the part number?

thanks.

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
finboy1672 said:
I have a Z3, which has the polycarbonate lens. If I want to use the P91 lamp, do I need the Pyrex lens (will the plastic melt)? If so, what's the part number?

thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it all depends on how you use it. If you turn the light on and use it until the batteries die, it will likely soften and partially melt the lens, however if you use the P91 intermitently, like for not more than 5 minutes or so at a time, you should be fine with the standard lens. At least that has been my experience with the P91 lamp assembly.

-Keith

Size15's

Flashaholic

If you use SureFires as they are intended - for short sharp burst of light rather than constant-on like a utility flashlight, you should never have a problem with Lexan.

I reget I do not have the black standard bezel with Pyrex lens part number to hand at the moment.

Al

pyramus

Newly Enlightened
Here's my advice, for what it's worth. How about a M4 with the MN60 and MN61(225 and 350 Lumens respectively), both included. Then buy an E2e with a KL1. The Kick *** is either bulb in the M4 and the not afraid to use light is the bomb proof E2e. Use the KL1 on the E2e for everyday. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

SurefireM6

Enlightened

Black Z3 bezel with Pyrex: 13715-11
Lexan replacement lens : Z17

Size15's

Flashaholic

Just as well we have our SureFireM6 on hand!

Al /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SurefireM6

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
Size15s said:
Just as well we have our SureFireM6 on hand!

Al /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I've learned most everything I know about SFs from you Al. From the old SFDB to CPF I've always thought you were a walking SF dictionary. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif You get to play with all the cool toys.....I just got my A2 this week, you've had it for.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twak.gif