• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Luce de Notte -- the orginal sales thread

PhotonFanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Luce de Notte

Fred, I'm confused (really?) :thinking: about the flat lens on the far right in the picture--???? Whatever, I had wanted to get in on the first run of these but was distracted too long. I'm "in" for one now though! Probably Titanium, which reflector I dunno but, by the time you have a better idea of what you are getting, I'll know what I would like as well. So, again, put me down for one!:twothumbs

Karl

Karl,

The flat top tailcap was done at the request of a customer. He wanted to be able to point the Luce at the ceiling and get the brighter output flooding the ceiling. You can get either version, of course.

Kiessling

Flashaholic

And what about a version with only one side emitting light? Meaning all the light goes into the acrylic hemisphere (still usingf a reflector for maximum light extraction) and the back is metal ... maybe with a lanyard hole that still allow for tailstanding?
bernie

PhotonFanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast

And what about a version with only one side emitting light? Meaning all the light goes into the acrylic hemisphere (still usingf a reflector for maximum light extraction) and the back is metal ... maybe with a lanyard hole that still allow for tailstanding?
bernie

Bernie,

If that's what you want--that's what you may have. :D

And then I suppose that you'll ask if it could be made E-can compatible and long enough to hold a CR123 battery, so that you could swap out the Tritium and screw on a separate head, too. :devil:

Kiessling

Flashaholic

Cool ! Thanx !! :D

Nah, no E-can and CR123 thingies this time :) ... just a night beacon as small , bright and cool as possible.

Thanx again!

bernie

Olaf_S

Enlightened

Hi Fred,

if it is possible:

one in AL blasted/polished but same size than the "big" one (the ti one) and with flat tailcap please

Thanks
Olaf

luminata

Enlightened

I get ya Fred!! I definitley want in on this as stated before. Can I let you know if I want flat or domed a little later after I think about it? And like Olaf mentioned bigger like the Ti version except in aluminum cause as we all know size does matter.

Last edited:

Illum

Flashaholic

:naughty::naughty::naughty: :wow: :naughty::naughty::naughty:
heck yes I'm interested...I don't have that kinda money for an SS/Ti but aluminums looks to be within the budget [hopefully next month]

no price differences between green and blue trits?

PhotonFanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi Fred,

if it is possible:

one in AL blasted/polished but same size than the "big" one (the ti one) and with flat tailcap please

Thanks
Olaf

Olaf,

Sure that seems possible--might be a few dollars more though.

BTW, the two-tone look is not the result of bead blasting--it is the result of sanding the raised portion of the body with a progression of finer and finer sanding papers--down to 8 microns. It will scuff if it comes in contact with anything metal; however, I can include some of the sanding paper for touch-ups.

Nebula

Enlightened

Fred, I am in for one. Can't decided between SS and Ti, but will do so before you get your supply from B@rt. Dark blue, or medium blue for the Trit please. Kirk

EricMack

Flashlight Enthusiast

Anyone on the fence about these, just get one! :thumbsup: They are so cool to have at night, handy for moving about the house, and Fred's work is top notch! :eek:oo:

Very cool idea, I love mine! :wave:

griff

Flashlight Enthusiast

I can't wait:candle::candle::candle:to get mine:whistle::whistle::whistle::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil:

Finbar

Newly Enlightened

Fred,

What is the runtime and does it take rechargeables? :crackup:

Maybe you should put some of those copper slices in these:naughty:

Lanyard attachment option.

Fin

Olaf_S

Enlightened

Olaf,

Sure that seems possible--might be a few dollars more though.

BTW, the two-tone look is not the result of bead blasting--it is the result of sanding the raised portion of the body with a progression of finer and finer sanding papers--down to 8 microns. It will scuff if it comes in contact with anything metal; however, I can include some of the sanding paper for touch-ups.

Hi Fred,

that sounds good. That`s my favorite. Please one in this version.

Greetings
Olaf

paulr

Flashaholic

Please put me down for a grooved brass one. I went back and forth and the stainless is maybe prettier, but the brass looks more "magical". Almost like something from Hogwarts' ;).

jch79

**Do Not Feed The Vegan**,

Fred,

I can't hold out anymore. Ti for me, blue Trit if possible. :thumbsup:

john

gjg

Enlightened

OK, this looks too cool to pass up... So I'll take one. I'd like a setup pretty much like Olaf_S's - bigger diameter, 27 mm reflector, two tone aluminum body, flat topped diffusor. Trit color - surprise me, either one will work. One question though - could you do a grooved brass in the larger diameter? Please post or PM and let me know if that works and what the total cost is either way.
THANKS,
Greg :D