Lumens Factory 3-mode drop-in

jbviau

Enlightened
Yes, we have shipping notice for every order, sometimes it is blocked by spam filter though. Most orders ship out within 48 hours.
I got my shipping notice last night, so thanks! Should have this little guy in my hands in 7-10 days according to the email.

Black Rose

Flashlight Enthusiast
I notice that the spec for this 3-mode drop-in is 3.0v - 3.7v.

Must be using a buck/boost driver, since it will work with 3.0v primaries or Li-Ion cells that top out at 4.2v.

Current draw figures would be 50 mA, 300mA, and 1000 mA (max) based on the 5%, 30%, and 100% figures in the product description.

Very close to the regulated 3-mode driver I am runtime testing at the moment (8%, 35%, 100%).

Last edited:

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast
I ordered mine on friday together with one of those D36 heads and they are already shipped. Hope to have them in my hands soon. I can´t wait to pop the 3mode into my EDC lego.

Eric

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
IT'S HERE!!

OK mine just arrived and I have popped it into a light.
LF 6V-13V Regulated Input 3 mode with Memory 5%-30%-100%
Box says R2 and the unit does not denote the LED anywhere.
Came with pen light and a LF sticker. :wave:

Random observations time!
Red edged driver board fits well, no big gaps. Familiar 2 spring set-up.
Silver backed 4 bond wire Cree looks clean, happy, and ready to go. :)
Reflector is an OP, almost a light OP but not quite.
Thing seems to be glued on so no easy focus change or reflector swap. I've gotten the glued on reflectors off of other LF LED modules and I can get this one off too, at my own risk naturally.
Reflector's LED hole is perfectly sized to go around the Cree ring. I don't see how ANY of these could have misaligned LED's!
It comes on, in high mode during first activation. Switches modes easy and fast.
No brighter flashes during mode changes. Memory is working properly.
Spill beam is a pretty good amount of light. I do see a ring around the hotspot. It's only 1 ring and it is not really bright.
Tint is good, not cool or overly warm. Yep pretty neutral to me.
We have PMW on low and med. Again we have PMW on low and med. Not really obvious but it's perceptible to me.
Modes seem decently spaced out. You can tell them apart pretty easy.
Low mode seems nestled between the Malkoff M60LL and the GDuP's low leaning closer to the Malkoff.
Medium mode is very close to my M60L and certainly brighter than the GDuP med.
High mode seems to be set near 1.0 not really thinking it's anything over that. My Deerelight 1 speed set at 1.2 is easily brighter to the eye. My M60 died yesterday so I can't compare it to the high. :(
OK, I've run it on high for 15 minutes sitting here on the table without a fan or me touching it. Here goes! The bezel is a bit warm. Open it up fast to touch it! Warmer but not hot at all. Excellent.
Just for kicks I tossed in 1 18650 to see if it would work and got nothing. It was in low when I swapped the cells and it was still in low when I swapped them back.

GMan needs to test the output levels and somebody needs to do a proper runtime test with those nice fancy computer charts.
As long as the runtime charts pan out showing good regulation on each level then I think this one is a winner at a great price point!
Good job LF. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Black Rose

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good info.

With the PWM, if you wave your hand in front of it, do you get that freaky finger thing happening?

Now we just need some feedback from someone that ordered the 3.0v - 3.7v model.

Last edited:

jbviau

Enlightened
Now we just need some feedback from someone that ordered the 3.0v - 3.7v model.
I've got one of those on the way. It was mailed 6/2, so it should be arriving any day now. Anything in particular you'd want to know? I'm no techie, but I'll do my best to answer.

I'm glad to hear from the Sarge that the build quality is good!

Last edited:

Black Rose

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just general impressions on it, since that's the voltage range I need. Hotspot, spill, that kind of stuff

I'm expecting it will also use PWM to control low and medium, which I'm not keen on but not a deal killer.

jbviau

Enlightened
Ok, my LF 3-3.7v 3-mode drop-in arrived today. I compared it to my older P4 Wolf Eyes multimode drop-in with both running on AW 17670s fresh off the charger. Here's what I found:

- Nice warm tint.
- Tight hotspot.
- Brighter than the P4 in a ceiling bounce test.
- Respectable spill but not as floody as my Wolf Eyes drop-in.
- Cree ring noticeable on a white wall but not so much otherwise.
- Very usable low mode. Not near as dim as my EX10.
- PWM on low and medium modes. Low but audible buzz when the light is close to your ear (not in high mode of course).

I like it!

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast
My 3 -3.7V 3-mode drop-in arrvied today. jbviau already said everything. I compared it to my R2 3.7V Lumens Factory drop-in and they are equal in brightness while the 3mode has a slightly warmer tint and the 3.7V a nicer beam quality. I´ll have to compare the brightness in the woods tonight to see how they compare in "real life" and not only on a white wall.

Eric

Latest posts