• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Lumintop BLF GTvn V1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Re: Lumintop BLF GTvn - Throw King

Think about this....

The leap from xhp35 HI to cft90 is greater than xpg2 dedome to xhp35 HI.

We all know how big of a leap the xpg2 dedome was to xhp35 HI yet the HI didnt outthrow the xpg2 in any relative application.

Yet...the cft outdoes the xhp HI by both lumen and throw. And it's not incremental boost here...just look at the beam shots above ofthe underdriven cft90 vs a maxed out xhp35hi.

Need I say more?

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Our GTvn is pushing may be 20A. Luminous state this LED can run confortably at 27A all day!!!

Issue

Enlightened

Its so hard for me to brag about a $650 light. Anything I say would sound like I am trying to sell the light. But I am thoroughly impressed with the peeformance. The wide hot spot goes against what we are used to In dedicated throwers. To me its incredible that such a wide hot spot can be North of 1.5Mcd. If we disregard the negatives of size, weight , and especially price I cant see how anyone can not be amaze. Not to sound cliche but I think its a completely different beast than what we r used to in terms on dedicated throwers. If Cree cares about throw LEDs for flashlight they sure got to come up with something revolutionary to upset the CFT90.

Think about this....

We all know how big of a leap the xpg2 dedome was to xhp35 HI yet the HI didnt outthrow the xpg2 in any relative application.

Yet...the cft outdoes the xhp HI by both lumen and throw. And it's not incremental boost here...just look at the beam shots above ofthe underdriven cft90 vs a maxed out xhp35hi.

Need I say more?

Our GTvn is pushing may be 20A. Luminous state this LED can run confortably at 27A all day!!!

No need to feel that you brag. :) I know you are an honest guy and would never charge more than what you need to make it worth your time.

Thanks for the answers. I have not been active here alot since i got the TK61vn and it was the best thrower you made. And im not familiar with all LED types. But it is nice to hear you talk about it and includ both pros and cons with this light.

Any chance you will make a video of it and maybe compare to other lights? :)

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

No need to feel that you brag. :) I know you are an honest guy and would never charge more than what you need to make it worth your time.

Thanks for the answers. I have not been active here alot since i got the TK61vn and it was the best thrower you made. And im not familiar with all LED types. But it is nice to hear you talk about it and includ both pros and cons with this light.

Any chance you will make a video of it and maybe compare to other lights? :)

Video for sure!!

Kevin1322

Flashlight Enthusiast

Think about this....

Need I say more?
So, the question is, what else can use this LED? Hehe.

Agpp

Enlightened

Only 20A? I would expect more...I guess it's hard to remove enough resistance from the driver?

star_c_star

Enlightened

OK, just ordered 8 Sony VTC6 batteries. The first step towards purchasing the Spec 6 BLF GTvn is complete.

As to the Spec 7 Oslon, I'm waiting to see if it can reach or surpass 2 Mcd.

hahoo

Enlightened

that cft90 blows the branches out in that close up pic
way too cool white for me , but impressive
you can tell theres way more lux and lumens
id like to see the 5500k version, it would be perfect
what a powerhouse

Last edited:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

that cft90 blows the branches out in that close up pic
way too cool white for me , but impressive
you can tell theres way more lux and lumens
id like to see the 5500k version, it would be perfect
what a powerhouse

I notice I have never used light on any modes other than Turbo. Its like I am not carrying the Eiffel tower around for Low. Going back to a .357 revolver. Can't carry .38 Special in a .357. Stupid analogy I know...hahah

AmericanDissent

Enlightened

I notice I have never used light on any modes other than Turbo. Its like I am not carrying the Eiffel tower around for Low. Going back to a .357 revolver. Can't carry .38 Special in a .357. Stupid analogy I know...hahah

That analogy speaks to me. I remember how I used to carry a Glock model 20 (10mm) daily, and when I would occasionally switch to a Glock 17 (9mm) I would feel as if I was unarmed. I have since learned more about terminal ballistics and realized I was being a bit silly, but I can definitely relate. This strikes me as a Turbo only kind of light!

How long can specs 5 and 6 maintain output with VTC5A's before heat becomes an issue? Hopefully for a while considering how much mass the head has.

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast

I think I am one of those rare ones that still appreciate cool white. In a dedicated thrower 5000K is the lowest I would like. 6500K is still my choice. For some reason cool white pencil beam "pop" things out for me more...May be its just imagination/illusion but its good enough for me. :)
I like cool white better than NW. Why? Purely subjective. To my eyes that are connected to my brain, NW looks subdued grey, not as crisp as CW. I have seen a bunch of used X65vn for sale, all have been NW, none CW.

This light in CFT-90vn is going to be my next light.

star_c_star

Enlightened

I am very close to ordering the BLF GTvn CFT-90 Spec 6 also, in 6500K. Cool white looks better to me, and it also typically maximizes the Lux for the same LED and setup.

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast

Here is a recipes! Thrower light = go with the cool white, 6500k.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

I like cool white better than NW. Why? Purely subjective. To my eyes that are connected to my brain, NW looks subdued grey, not as crisp as CW. I have seen a bunch of used X65vn for sale, all have been NW, none CW.

This light in CFT-90vn is going to be my next light.

Yayyy more Cool White supporter. I thought I was crazy. I do enjoy 5000K very much though in smaller lights though. 5000K headlamps and bicycle lights for sure!

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast

I think warm-neutral white beams refract less in the sky, so you see less of your beam and more of what you're lighting up if you're pointing at something some distance away with very little angle.

I like 4000-5500k ideally, but the tint of the black flat is the best cool white I've seen. Very little green bias in its highest output.

star_c_star

Enlightened

Here is a recipes! Thrower light = go with the cool white, 6500k.

I agree so much that I just purchased a BLT GTvn Spec6, 6500K.

Now the most difficult part, waiting until it arrives.

Status
Not open for further replies.