Lux-RC FL33 T50 review - A Layman's Perspective

Silgt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Which LED and optics did you choose?

- Tim

Mine's a Samsung 5000K...by far the whitest of white beam of all my lights...it's pure snow white without a hint of blue or green tint

btw. Lux-RC is based in Russia and they supply light engines to Oveready and (previously) Mac's Customs

BeastFlashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Where are they based?
I can't find any info about them, the website is less then minimal...
You are so right! It is the least user friendly/information friendly company I've ever seen. For 6 months I've tried to get information on the Lux-RC Fatboy and it's as if the light doesn't even exist. The pics of it are from December. I mean come on it's 2013 you should be able to get all of your answers on a product with a simple Google search.

Silgt do you know any specifics (including a release date) on the Fatboy?

sinnyc

Newly Enlightened
You are so right! It is the least user friendly/information friendly company I've ever seen. For 6 months I've tried to get information on the Lux-RC Fatboy and it's as if the light doesn't even exist. The pics of it are from December. I mean come on it's 2013 you should be able to get all of your answers on a product with a simple Google search.

You can PM Serge here on CPF. His username is Lux-RC. He does check the board with some regularity and he does respond although it may take a while. Or check this post and you'll find his contact email.

- Tim

BeastFlashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks guys I'll get in touch with him when my budget allows. Man when I first saw that Lux-RC Fatboy I was expecting hundreds & hundreds of posts on it it looked so incredible. So I was shocked at the silence about it

archimedes

Flashaholic
Thanks for the great review, AardvarkSagus !

I recently got a chance to finally use one of these torches, and am quite impressed .... The build quality is immediately apparent, of course they are very bright, and the styling is strikingly functional.

At first, I was not sold on the appearance. But they seem to look better in person than in photos, somehow ... at least to me ? :thinking:

The coating on mine (TiCN on Al?) is showing rather substantial wear, however. I would really like to see DLC-coated Ti tube(s), instead, if possible :D

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
:hairpull::hairpull: that's it! Can't take anymore! I'm putting 20$ a week in a box till I have enough to order one. Why do I read these threads?

AardvarkSagus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the compliments guys. This really has been one of my absolute favorite lights so far, and ice seen quite a few over the years.

As for more specifics on my light, it came with Cree XP-G2 (R5 bin) in 5000k and narrow clear lensing. Even then, its not terribly much of a thrower, though its insanely bright at 2A per led. Mine has seen some relatively hard knocks during testing, but nowhere near that 40m fall. Its still looking pretty good despite some minor dings.

As for disclosure, yes, this light is mine now, but believe me when I say that is not the reason I am giving it such high praise. It really is this nice of a light.

Serge has mentioned that he would also like me to review the V3 model when its complete. While it won't be DLC over Ti, I can't wait to see how the SS bezel and tail cap help preserve it even more than this version.

Sent from my TouchPad using Tapatalk 4 Beta

riccardo

Enlightened
I was asking where is their base because I'm often in Moscow, if they are there I'd like to see and touch the light before deciding to pull the trigger...

I'll contact Serge..

dlmorgan999

Flashlight Enthusiast
For 6 months I've tried to get information on the Lux-RC Fatboy and it's as if the light doesn't even exist.

That's because it doesn't exist (yet). Serge is putting all his resources to finishing up the run of v3 FL-33 lights. Once those are done he will (at some point) start working on the FB1.

I haven't heard anything regarding a release date, but I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't happen until early 2014.

BeastFlashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok thanks dimorgan, it looks like the greatest flood light of all time i'll keep checking up on it. It looks like it will completely dominate the Nitecore TM26

bluemax_1

Enlightened
Here is a drop test video of last years version:

I'm assuming that vid was made by the same Serge who makes these lights, otherwise, that's one crazy guy to do that to a ~$500 light!

BTW, the website isn't too terribly clear but it states something like a maximum 2000 lumen output for an FL33 T70 configuration (battery tube for 1x18650 or 2x18350). I'm assuming that this 2000 lumen output is only possible with 2x18350? What's the max lumens off a single 18650? How long will it maintain that output and is it regulated or declining?

Max

Last edited:

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm assuming that vid was made by the same Serge who makes these lights, otherwise, that's one crazy guy to do that to a ~$500 light!

BTW, the website isn't too terribly clear but it states something like a maximum 2000 lumen output for an FL33 T70 configuration (battery tube for 1x18650 or 2x18350). I'm assuming that this 2000 lumen output is only possible with 2x18350? What's the max lumens off a single 18650? How long will it maintain that output and is it regulated or declining?

Max

In case of doubt, Ask Serge. He's great with responses even if it takes a couple of days. (Thinking back an taking time diference into consideration, I do believe he actually responded to me in the equivalent of 24 hours)

bluemax_1

Enlightened
In case of doubt, Ask Serge. He's great with responses even if it takes a couple of days. (Thinking back an taking time diference into consideration, I do believe he actually responded to me in the equivalent of 24 hours)

OK, thanks.

Max

grayhighh

Enlightened
Any one got there FL33 with clip ? Like to hear some thoughts regarding the clip. Thanks

quazzle

Newly Enlightened
Any one got there FL33 with clip ?

I've no idea how long this link will stay here, anyway, insider files should answer your question.

*edited by Greta - link removed. Quazzle - you have been advised several times already that the MarketPlace is where you are permitted to provide links to your website and advertise. Purchase a Manufacturer's subscription and direct people to your threads there.

Last edited by a moderator:

BeastFlashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello Quazzle, I figured I'd pop back in after a couple months to ask if there was any update on the FB1 Fatboy? Still a future project that is a long way off?

Silgt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Think he's busy getting his FL33 v3 ready at the moment :D

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk 2