Luxeon Size?

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can anyone here give me the front to back dimension of the L.S. module? (depth,-or lens to heatsink base). Also, if there's any size difference (dia. OR depth) in "Hi-Dome vs. Regular-if possible.
I don't have any separate L.S. modules yet.
Thanks 4 any info.

As this and similar questions have been asked and answered so many times on this board in the last couple of months, I'm going to recommend that everyone who intends to "play" with the LS LEDs download and read the data sheet on them which is located at:
http://www.luxeon.com/LuxeonStarDatasheet.pdf

The data sheet has all the physical dimensions, voltages, performance and etc. on it that you are likely to need. There are other PDF downloads there and on the Lumileds site that you may find of interest, but that is the important one.

You will need a PDF Reader (Adobe Acrobat), which if you don't already have one, you should... download it free here:
http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html

The Luxeon star with optics package is 25 MM square at the "heat sink" and 16 MM deep. the difference between high dome and low dome (if any at all) is negligible.

Until two days ago, I was totally unable to access any pdf files with my old browser.

digitally challenged
tongue.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by videocal:
Until two days ago, I was totally unable to access any pdf files with my old browser.

digitally challenged
tongue.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

A lot of times, (depending upon your browser security settings etc.) just clicking on a link to a web based PDF file won't do the job-

Being a paranoid puppy, I keep my security settings pretty high...Except on particular sites that I have specifically set as "trusted sites", I just get a blank page if I just do a regular click--

As long as you have a recent version of Acrobat, you can always "right click" on the link to the PDF file, do a "Save As" and it will work even with high security settings. It's better to do it this way anyway... By saving it, you will be able to read it at your convenience without having to log on and re-visit the site
smile.gif

I hope this helps- Of course, if you are still using that old Commodore VIC-20, I can't help...
wink.gif