Mach3, Schick or other? What do you use?

Do you think HID is the future of hand-held lighting?

• Gillette Mach3, or Mach 3 Turbo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Schick Quattro

• Something else. . .

• Total voters

bwcaw

Enlightened
I use a mach3 too. I got one in the mail for my 18'th birthday (i guess they send you those when you turn 18) and I love it. It is way better than my old razor.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I generally use an electric but use a Mach 3 to touch up the neck. BTW, are there any good electrics that get both the coarse facial hair and finer neck hair? I know a lot probably depends on your beard type. I'm a white caucasian with fairly heavy beard. I've tried a Braun Syncro foil style and Norelco rotary types but neither will get the finer neck hairs. The Braun will cut closer then the Norelco but the Norelco does a better job at getting more of the hair but regardless, still have to touch up the neck with a razor.

tylerdurden

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
bwcaw said:
I use a mach3 too. I got one in the mail for my 18'th birthday (i guess they send you those when you turn 18) and I love it. It is way better than my old razor.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a beautiful marketing tactic. I got a sensor for my 18th birthday (back in 1993) and I'm still using it! There's no telling how many blades they sold by sending me that cheap handle.

pahl

Enlightened
I'm the only one using the Schick Quattro?

I was using the Mach3 for a long time and It was the best razor I had ever used.
I did not think I could get a better shave until I tried the Schick Quattro.
You would not think there would be much difference between a razor with three or four blades, but there is a big differance.

I often don't shave everyday like I should. Many times I will only shave on Mondays. So after a full week of not shaving it helps to have that extra fourth blade. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The handle is also balanced really nice. I know it's just a handle, but what a differance there is from the Mach3 handle.

I sure hate the cost of them blades. It does not seem like I can get more then two or three shaves out of any type of razor before I have to replace the blade.

If your using the Mach3 next time you are out of blades go and by the Schick Quattro and give it a try.
If you don't like it I will buy it back, just kidding /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I do think you would like it. I sure do.

pahl

Enlightened
I had to use a disposable razors one time years ago. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
Never again!

It was sharp, but so was the plastic that held the blades.
So cheap.....

pahl

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
cannon50 said:
Badger brush, Colgate Barber soap cakes, Gillette adjustable double edge razor with stainless blades. Takes longer but one blade lasts a long time and its a close shave. Tried the tripple blades and they seemed close but did not like trimming longer hairs.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will have to check out the Gillette adjustable double edge razor with stainless blades. I would like to find blades that last longer.

How much longer would you say they stay sharp compared to the Mach3?

Are they cheaper blades too?

DaveT

Enlightened
Looks like the folks at The Onion have been monitoring this thread, and they've outdone us all. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif
Caveat: There is language some folks may find offensive.
5 Blades!

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm in the same boat as torment /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Shaving with a razor certainly gives the best shave, but it was usually too much of a production for me in the morning. After experimenting with several different styles of electric razors over the years, I have settled on the Braun Self-Cleaning Synchro System as well. This thing is fantastic. The base keeps it lubed and clean all the time. I've had mine for just over a year now and I'm finally happy with an electric razor. It's not really much more expensive than any other good electric razor. But it's never irritated my skin and it does the best job of actually shaving my face of any of the electrics that i've used. A regular razor will give you a closer shave, no question, but this is the next best thing and I fully recommend it for a good shave without all the fuss.

LEDmodMan

Flashaholic*
Gotta give a vote for the Braun electrics. I have an older flex control integral. It gets closer than any blade I've ever tried, and it's the only razor (besides my dad's synchro) that I can use to shave my neck without irritation.

tiktok 22

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just tried a Schick extreme III. I have to say it is the best fully disposable razor I have used yet. But they're still not as good as the Mach 3 turbo. It's the best razor I have ever used. If I remember correctly Sams Club had the cheapest prices on replacement blades, but I just don't remember how much.

Latest posts