Mag85 Suggestions

cooter10

Newly Enlightened
Well here I am at another crossroad!

1) AW is out of soft starts.
2) The soft start won't work with stock quick focus.

I really liked the idea of 3 power levels and insta-flash protection.
I really want to be able to use the stock focus.
Can't I just have it all?????

I guess if I want to build soon (3-4 weeks) I need to go with KIU kit or FM G4 and bleeding lamp.

Brings me to yet another question....Can I go with a cammed reflector and either KIU or FM G4 and retain stock quick focus?

mrartillery

Enlightened
Well here I am at another crossroad!

1) AW is out of soft starts.
2) The soft start won't work with stock quick focus.

I really liked the idea of 3 power levels and insta-flash protection.
I really want to be able to use the stock focus.
Can't I just have it all?????

I guess if I want to build soon (3-4 weeks) I need to go with KIU kit or FM G4 and bleeding lamp.

Brings me to yet another question....Can I go with a cammed reflector and either KIU or FM G4 and retain stock quick focus?

My opinion as I've stated before, you don't need a cammed reflector. The KIU with a camless aluminum reflector will have a good mix of throw and flood, no need to adjust the focus. If you seen one in person you would understand what I mean. BUT, if however you do want to go with a cammed reflector you will need to use the FM G4 due to the fact that the KIU replaces the whole upper half of the switch setting it into a fixed position. The FM G4 on the other hand just drops in as a bulb would, allowing for use of cammed reflectors.

Bleeding lamps are simple to make just attach some leads to a MR16 and hook to your fresh battery pack and drop your voltage to around 12v.