Malaysian Ghost Plane

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
if it was flying over land all those cell phones on board would have been pinging

You have no idea what was done with the cell phones,if for instance the aircraft was hijacked and let us be honest here after millions of pounds spent searching still nothing but ideas and conspiracy theories.This will make a Hollywood Blockbuster for sure and i bet the scripts are in the writing.

groutboy_1

Enlightened
This is my 2nd conspiracy theory guess.....
2u5u5apy.jpg
uhahe8u6.jpg

MichaelW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Personally i still think it is on the ground somewhere hidden away for future use.
We have a winner!
The last valid radar track was taking the flight west, which is how you get to Diego Garcia.
The Inmarsat data is bogus, just look who owns that corporation.

I think people are forgetting what year it is. We are living in Buck Rogers time.
Planes can be remotely flown, or can autonomously fly to pre-determined destinations (it happened four times on 9/11)

Steve K

Flashlight Enthusiast
heck, I was rooting for the Alien Abduction theory, but now that I see the "Missing Plane Found on the Moon", that's my new favorite!

nbp

Flashaholic
Groutboy, if you can't be serious about this topic, please don't post in my thread. Regardless of what/if we find out what actually happened, it's not a joke and a lot of people are suffering.

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is there any chance it is on the ground hidden away? For sure there is something very dodgy about all this, and with some of the more technically advanced nations lending a hand you would think some snippet of info would come out.

kwak

Enlightened
Is there any chance it is on the ground hidden away? For sure there is something very dodgy about all this, and with some of the more technically advanced nations lending a hand you would think some snippet of info would come out.

Where in the world could you land a large aircraft like this someone out of the way, where no one in say 100 mile area has any communication with the outside world?

If it's a remote area a large passenger jet will attract a LOT of attention.

Who is going to land it?
Landing a plane this size is extremely difficult even on a good runway and more importantly ILS (Instrument landing system).
ILS is a land based system that gives both lateral and a vertical signals for a planes position when landing, landing without this system is virtually impossible with a aircraft this size.

Once they've landed it what are they going to do with it?
It's not like they can strip a plane in the middle of nowhere and sell it for parts.

What about the 239 people onboard the plane, it would need a well organised and large group of people to control that amount of people, since 9/11 it's not like passengers are going to take any hijack lightly.

Final nail in the coffin for me is, how would they put out a false decoy GPS signal?
Back before the plane disappeared it was not common knowledge that the plane would ping the GPS satellite every hour, even if they did suspect this might be the case no one had written a program to crunch this raw GPS data to give a more accurate idea of the planes position.

Yet we now know roughly where the plane last pinged the GPS satellite.

Good quick assessment of what's known so far here:
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-26503141

mattheww50

Flashlight Enthusiast
GPS sats are not pinged. For users, GPS is a receive only service. The Aircaft did ping one or two Inmarsat birds. Inmarsat provides a variety of communications services, usually on/over the open sea.
As for landing anywhere, some have suggested Diego Garcia, however it is a safe bet that the Russian Keep Diego Garcia under very close suveillance, and 777 is at least a couple of orders of magnitude larger than the ground resolution of a military 'spy-in-the-sky' sat. Good luck hiding an intact 777.

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
Where in the world could you land a large aircraft like this someone out of the way, where no one in say 100 mile area has any communication with the outside world?

If it's a remote area a large passenger jet will attract a LOT of attention.

Who is going to land it?
Landing a plane this size is extremely difficult even on a good runway and more importantly ILS (Instrument landing system).
ILS is a land based system that gives both lateral and a vertical signals for a planes position when landing, landing without this system is virtually impossible with a aircraft this size.

Once they've landed it what are they going to do with it?
It's not like they can strip a plane in the middle of nowhere and sell it for parts.

What about the 239 people onboard the plane, it would need a well organised and large group of people to control that amount of people, since 9/11 it's not like passengers are going to take any hijack lightly.

Final nail in the coffin for me is, how would they put out a false decoy GPS signal?
Back before the plane disappeared it was not common knowledge that the plane would ping the GPS satellite every hour, even if they did suspect this might be the case no one had written a program to crunch this raw GPS data to give a more accurate idea of the planes position.

Yet we now know roughly where the plane last pinged the GPS satellite.

Good quick assessment of what's known so far here:
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-26503141

The world is a big place Mr Kwak and you can never say never. Technically equipped nations are stumped at present.

Steve K

Flashlight Enthusiast
The world is a big place Mr Kwak and you can never say never. Technically equipped nations are stumped at present.

we can't say that the aircraft absolutely isn't at a secret airport, but I think we can say that we are over 90% sure that it is at the bottom of the ocean.

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
we can't say that the aircraft absolutely isn't at a secret airport, but I think we can say that we are over 90% sure that it is at the bottom of the ocean.

To be honest chap you cannot but if you are correct they must be looking in the wrong place.