• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Malkoff Devices RED, AMBER, or GREEN M61 LL Dropin Group Buy!

TILL-22

Newly Enlightened
Is there some kind of list apart from the one mentioned in the OP to see what lights the drop-ins fit? I don't have any and if I find a good host I'd entertain the idea of getting a host + drop in(s).

List from OP: "Malkoff MD2, Elzetta ZFL-M60, and SureFire 6P, 9P, 6Z, Z2, Z3, C2, C3, M2, G3, and G2"

EDIT: Out of those lights the Malkoff MD2 host looks the most interesting. I'd love to know what other options I have. Thanks!

Last edited:

lion504

Flashlight Enthusiast
Speaking solely for myself, I would have no use for red output of anywhere near 50 lumens.

IIRC, HDS doesn't specify lumens for their monochromatic lights. Rather, they specify the power level in mW. Probably a good reason behind that (although I don't know what it is), and we might want to do the same here.

lion504

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is there some kind of list apart from the one mentioned in the OP to see what lights the drop-ins fit? ... I'd love to know what other options I have. Thanks!

Might want to consider putting together a custom lego. An original or fivemega MD1 or MD1.5 with a MDX22.3 and Z41 or malkoff tailcap. Oveready also makes some good SF-compatible bodies. Or a shorty "3P" style surefire-clone.

Last edited:

archimedes

Flashaholic
IIRC, HDS doesn't specify lumens for their monochromatic lights. Rather, they specify the power level in mW. Probably a good reason behind that (although I don't know what it is), and we might want to do the same here.
Luminosity factor, due to sensitivity of human vision varying by wavelength

TILL-22

Newly Enlightened
Fitment for Malkoff dropins is best in Malkoff or SureFire hosts.

Other "P60" hosts are numerous, but may have contact or size issues ....

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/v...ht-List-host&p=2317983&viewfull=1#post2317983

Might want to consider putting together a custom lego. An original or fivemega MD1 or MD1.5 with a MDX22.3 and Z41 or malkoff tailcap. Oveready also makes some good SF-compatible bodies. Or a shorty "3P" style surefire-clone.

Thank you both! I'm looking into an MD2 host with the high/low ring, is this only available as a custom order? I only see the MD2 with high/low ring with a M61 dropin installed.

Now I just have to start looking how much current the different M61L / M61LL / M61LLL / M61LLLL dropins draw (and approx lumens).. Let the internet searching begin! Thanks guys.

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast

PLEASE KEEP DISCUSSIONS RELATED TO THE COLORED M61 DROPIN.

edit to add: I fear this set the wrong tone, I am not trying to admonish, and I apologize for such brash behavior. I would just massively appreciate we all stay on our admittedly rather-unbeaten track here. I know with our enthusiasm how quickly things venture off into the woods....

Last edited:

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
So do we all at least agree to wait and see what Gene says about driver currents related to brightness on the amber/red before discussing 61/61L/61LL/61LLL/61LLLL??

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast
So do we all at least agree to wait and see what Gene says about driver currents related to brightness on the amber/red before discussing 61/61L/61LL/61LLL/61LLLL??

Yes I believe that will be completely dependent on this.

Didn't realize how much I was shooting from the hip on this one.... but I'm still confident in pulling it off!

ma tumba

Flashlight Enthusiast
What are the reasons behind single mode malkoff drop-ins? The l-m-h versions have been sold out for a reason, I would guess.

double_r76

Newly Enlightened
I've read all of the chatter... way over my head. That said, I'm probably in for:

One red and one amber.

-Randy

Latest posts