Malkoff P61 in solarforce host. fitment issues

mran556

Newly Enlightened
Hey just got my solarforce host l2m in the mail.

The malkoff p61l drop in i purchased rattles around and loses contact (so the light turns off).

Anything i can do to make it work. The length and width of the drop in seem to be a issue

Gene43

Enlightened
I don't own a Solarforce host, but customers have told me that the secret is to put a few wraps of aluminum foil around the body of the M61 to achieve a good fit. Just be sure not to short the foil to the center contact spring of the M61.

tex.proud

Enlightened
I have a sheet of 4mil copper that I cut a strip from to wrap around a dropin. Too tight, cut a little off until it fits snug.

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dropins for solarforce are much more of a tube (very straight), malkoff dropins fit better in a surefire (or obviously a md2 from malkoff) which has a tapered "throat" that fits the malkoff/oveready and many others. At a minimum wrap the bottom until you get a tight fit. It's obviously better to wrap it in o get contact everwhere for heat transfer.

i'm traveling, so I don't have acc ss to my lughts, but I do have a solarforce custom dropin from vinz (Germany) and the shell is quite different from a surefire style dropin.