• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Mateminco MT90vn+ = Farthest Reflector Thrower ...COMING SOON...

The_Driver

Flashlight Enthusiast
BTT:
vin, have you tried putting an Osram W1 or W2 into the light? I would try the W2, the reflector is probably to imprecise for the W1.

Last edited:

star_c_star

Enlightened
BTT:
vin, have you tried putting an Osram W1 or W2 into the light? I would try the W2, the reflector is probably to imprecise for the W1.

I already have a Mateminco MT90vn+ Spec C on the way, with an SBT 90.2 LED.

How about a CFT-90 LED in this monster flashlight? That LED has a very high intensity also. Does anyone know, by its size and intensity rating, if it could produce higher candela in the Mateminco MT90vn+ than an SBT 90.2 LED?

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
The drivers I ordered for these MT90vn+ came in on Friday but I think my mom accidentally threw them away. I looked all over but could not locate them. I will have to order new ones. Darn it. Sorry for the delay.

Yesterday I went to to take beam shots of the MT90vn+ but I forgot my camera at home when we are there...SHM...I will try to head back out today.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I am not saying this because I want to sell this light (80% true) but man it really excites me to take this light out. Feels like a sense of occasion each time! The feeling is somewhat similar to taking my corvette out, or wearing my favorite watch or select that special knife to carry only once in a long while. Its a tingly feeling inside and it puts a grim on the face. hahaha

SKV89

Enlightened
Curious why you need different drivers for these? How is it different from the stock driver? I thought Mateminco developed a special driver for this emitter that regulates at 32A.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Curious why you need different drivers for these? How is it different from the stock driver? I thought Mateminco developed a special driver for this emitter that regulates at 32A.

Because the buck driver stepped down at about 90s as it overheats when the light is still chilly cool. I used these type of drivers in the previous GTvn90 before and Turbo runtime was greatly limited by driver heat. Gotta step down when the light is not even warm is not fun and does not fittting for the size of the light. With a light this big its nice to be able to run Turbo for as long as the battery allows. If you are OK with the shorter Turbo runtime of the stock driver you can get Spec A/B which saves a lot of money.

Also some people prefer my driver so they can run any number of cell they want and its the safest battery configuration possible. With just a Single VTC5D you can hit 2.33Mcd! This mean if you only have 1 or two charged cell sitting around you could still enjoy the light at near maximum performance with just less runtime.

Buck, boost or linear all has their place but for the low Vf of the SBT90.2 LED I think linear drivers works out just fine in getting top performance with much improved reliability and and circuitry heat reduction. The added benefits of battery safety and configurations flexibility are all icing to me.

Busniess-wise I much prefer to sell Spec A/B as is pretty much retail asking price, little labor involved and faster profits. Takes me at about 3.5 hours to build a Spec C which mean I can only do a couple a day so its not exactly the Spec I prefer to sell as a businessman. :)

Last edited:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
MT90vn+ Spec C From Seattle King Street Station

Overall
MeebeFA.png

qbcgnU2.gif

420m
079ruOs.gif

710m
RYyaY3x.gif

775m
ccJwF0p.gif

9000m
V01ynWB.gif

1300m
xhj4l7H.gif

1620m
yUFF04z.gif

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
MT90vn+ Shipping is 12lbs but I accidentally set as 7lbs. I will send out payment request for additional shipping charges. Sorry for the trouble.

star_c_star

Enlightened
Payment sent for the difference.

We want a 12 pound flashlight, not a 7 pound one.

It is supposed to be the biggest.

(I seemed to have accidentally changed the icon for the thread)

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Payment sent for the difference.

We want a 12 pound flashlight, not a 7 pound one.

It is supposed to be the biggest.

I am sorry about that. Most people will end up paying about 10-$15 more for shipping depending on where you are.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
By the way the night city light photos were greatly underexposed. The city was just TOO bright at night so if I step up the exposure then it would be harder to see the beam.

star_c_star

Enlightened
I am sorry about that. Most people will end up paying about 10-$15 more for shipping depending on where you are.

Vinh, I was joking about the 12 pound versus 7 pound.

But we do expect it to weigh more than a BLF GTvn90.:eek:

So we are paying for the "biggest". I have no issues in paying you the true shipping amount.

star_c_star

Enlightened
My Mateminco MT90vn+ has been shipped!!!!!

My neighbors have seen me carrying big flashlights, but this will REALLY impress them.

When I get a second one, I could attach them together. That would set the record for largest flashlight for a while.

Last edited:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
My Mateminco MT90vn+ has been shipped!!!!!

My neighbors have seen me carrying big flashlights, but this will REALLY impress them.

Its very intimidating to walk around with this light. EVERYONE looks at you! When you power it up to show it off everyone giggles. hahahah Its a damn event with this light.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I put Duct tape on the light to protect it when I work on it. Just pull it off when you get it. Thanks

[FONT=&quot]
md6ETSX.jpg
[/FONT]

badtziscool

Flashlight Enthusiast
Doesn't duct tape leave a bit of sticky residue on the surface? I think painters masking tape would be a better choice. They sell them in 3" wide rolls. Just a suggestion. :)

I put Duct tape on the light to protect it when I work on it. Just pull it off when you get it. Thanks

md6ETSX.jpg