Matrix Reloaded

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone actually read Melvill instead of the cliffs notes will have read a wonderfull section on how white and light is considerably more terrifying than darkness.

I am so naieve. I mistakenly thought that the characters were the color they were because of the actors that they wanted to cast in the parts happened to be that color /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Can you see a white guy playing Morpheus? And if you put a black fellow into the Agents suit people are still too close to Men In Black for it to remind them of anyone but Will Smith. And that element of comedy was not something they were probably looking for.

I haven't seen it yet /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif Maybe next week!

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
I mistakenly thought that the characters were the color they were because of the actors that they wanted to cast in the parts happened to be that color. Can you see a white guy playing Morpheus?

[/ QUOTE ]

Careful! - You just contradicted yourself! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif

- Don't mind me - Just having fun stirring up the muck!

We'll probably see it this weekend. I'm an easy target for slick special effects!

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]

Careful! - You just contradicted yourself!

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif LOL, perhaps /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif But I thought I was just supporting their decision to cast him in that role because he was fantastic!

Really, there was nothing the sucked about the first matrix movie. It was terrific. I can't remember where I read it, but one of the reviews had a headline that read "Finally, a cyberspace movie that doesn't suck!" and I agree.

I can't wait to get a chance to go see this one. Should I bring anything? Toast? squirt guns? TP? rice? a lighter?

flownosaj

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Quickbeam said:
The common enemy - the agents, the Twins, and even the traitor "Cypher" is represented by the Wac. Bros. entirely by white males...

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha! Wait untill you see the movie and keep that in the back of your head...I hadn't thought about that untill now. Especially regarding the computer programs, pay attention to gender and color and their actions.

-Jason

additions -- I just found out I missed the trailer for the 3rd matrix at the end of the credits!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif When you guys see it, tell me about the trailer as I'm not going to see Reloaded again untill my wife comes back /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

Matrix%2037.jpg

Mr. Anderson--You've set me free, now we are here for our McLuxes. You do have have them, don't you...

flownosaj

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last one...

photo1.jpg

Back off, it's my only McLux and you can't have it...

OR

Neo recieves his Surefire: Yes, If you buy a Surefire you can be elite like me. Woah!