maxyz-modules

PhotonThrower

Newly Enlightened
Good Morning,

First time post on this board...so forgive if this question has been asked/answered prior."Search" found nothing. Has anyone had experience with MAXYZ modules...especially in red / 650NM.?? Good people to deal with??/ NOT like SCE !!!

RED = NOT DEAD...Thanx / PhotonThrower

Raccoon

Enlightened
They are not a brand or model I am immediately familiar with, and I cannot find any information on google that relates to lasers-- only power transformers and audio equipment.

Are you refering to a pen style laser pointer, or a high output module?

Why do you desire 650nm red as opposed to 635nm red-orange which is much more visible and nicer to look at? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

PS. Thank you for using the search feature. If only more people did. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Goldmagnet

Newly Enlightened
The modules are high power units, and they are backed by profesionals. I have not yet bought one (although I soon will), but I have heard from people who did, and the responce is good. The seller has an Ebay ID of K_Car, with a 100% rating, and generally hangs out on Photonlexicon.

Thier latest reds use a mitibushi 80mw red diode, and can be up to 100 mw output.

I hope this helps.

Gold

Raccoon

Enlightened
The eBay ID K_Car has 0 feedback.

There are over a dozen similar ebay ids.

There are also no matches for "maxyz" on eBay.

Goldmagnet

Newly Enlightened
Sorry, I just checked its "the_kcar", if you look at the sellers previous auctions and the web site I am sure you feel a bit more at ease.

Sorry for my mistake

Gold

Bengal

Newly Enlightened
You can also contact marconi for info.
As he is the real brains behind the operation.
For those concidering buying any of his devices (or hers, depending on who you talk to) They will bend over backwards to help.
K_car is the prefered one to talk to because marconi is quite busy.
Profesional and personal, I dont think you can go wrong.
If you use Photonlexicon.com for any questions im sure you will get same or next day answers.

DaFiend

Enlightened
go check out photonlexicon forums (see my sigline). Read a few posts, you can tell these guys actually take pride in their work.

PhotonThrower

Newly Enlightened
Thanx !!!
I had a very BAD experience with the defunct / infamous "Space Coast Electronics"... about 1 1/2 years ago !!!I was under the naive assumption that con artists would surly not "soil" an area such as lasers...DUMB !!!! I did some homework, but SCE fell of the screen about 1 week after they had my money. M.Katz (SCE) if you are out there...you are...at the bottom of the quantum well !!!! Anyway, that is the reason for my question !!!

As to why 650nm, I think that is ALL they offer. I would prefer 635~640 for better visibillity !!!!!! But, the colour must be red!!! Thanx for your info and I will check out Photonlexicon.com !!! PT

Bengal

Newly Enlightened
Im not sure you are refering to as to only having red, but MAXYZ is in red and green, I would say the wavelength is determined by the diode, since there are many to choose from, the colors can be suitably set.

PhotonThrower

Newly Enlightened
I was not clear, I meant MAXYZ is only offering 650nm in the red area of the spectrum. 635nm would have greater visibillity and therefore is prefered... but not yet offered. Also noted on P.L... that adding peltier junction cooling would lower nm output. P.T.

Bengal

Newly Enlightened
confusion abounds,
you thought that i thought that they thought that we thought that.... ya think?

In any case, its a budding business, one with much potential.
Im sure if you are really desireous of a special request module, that one can be made.

well i dont want to go too much into things here. trying to keep technical and not sales.