MBI #3 - Codename: HF

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
Only found a 2.2mm bit at the HW store on the way home.
May have to go to a megastore tomorrow to get a 2.1mm as I dont want to drill out more than needed, though I imagine drilling a couple of Ti's will convert the 2.2mm drill to a 2.1mm :)
Tgwnn
Guy,
I checked here, and could not find a 2.1mm either :(. I suggest looking at a thin tapered reamer used after the 2mm drill bit to open the hole just what is needed ;).
GL

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm a little different: the more I have to wait before it ships, the less antsy I get, especially on pre-orders... until I get the delivery or delivery notice card... then it's Christmas time again and the postman better deliver!

I told my colleague to keep an eye open for our beautiful post woman and let me get the package from her :naughty:

DBCstm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's a link to find tungsten carbide #45's for a buck apiece..http://www.goldmine-elec-products.com/prodinfo.asp?number=G15726 and cobalt #45's for .90 cents each at amazon...http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0006GXD70/?tag=cpf0b6-20

Hope this helps! (Of course, a local bearings house or industrial supply house would be much faster, if a bit more expensive.)

I found a "keyless chuck" for my dremel tool that would accept these drill bits, that would make it pretty easy but a little dangerous as the dremel's minimum speed is still so fast. I've got a jewelers drill with foot pedal speed control and 3' flex shaft that would be ideal, it's "0" chuck will easily accept these! Hobby shop might have one of these, mine was given to me years ago.

Dale

Last edited:

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm kinda a Monty Python fan.
And now for something completely different :grin2:.

Been testing and using the HF. I love this little light ;).
Just like the manual states, for the maximum Wow factor use a fresh fully charged Nuke cell.

Click to enlarge

Link Image1
Link Image2
Link Image3

My experience is that the tracking info has a delay in posting here in the United States.
I found this site to check each country Origin and destination Here.

I can't wait to see everyone elses comments :thumbsup:
GL

Please Note, The MBI 10430 Battery pictured is a prototype and is not in production yet.

Last edited:

DBCstm

Flashlight Enthusiast
You knew I'd bite GL, so how does one acquire the 10880 body? Any way to get one a bit longer for 3 AA cells for 3.6 volts on Eneloops? Come on, don't hold out on us! :)

Pretty cool, as much as I like it tiny with the Nukes, I think a 6" long one would be pretty cool too! I find that the copper body pulls heat from the head and distributes it across the entire light, as I expected it would, which is why I got my copper with U2 emitter. :)

Got an adapter to thread a 32650 body on there? :) :) :)

Dale

Last edited:

DBCstm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi y'all, just a quickie for the tease....the HF Copper w/U2 on high supported by a 1" square 1/4" thick copper heatsink. Didn't do so well cutting an octagon out of this piece of copper using rotary tools, there's gotta be a better way! (I've already found an impact socket with octagon shape inside and a very hard piece of round stock in 17-4 Stainless, have a small piece of the stainless milled to an octagon then use it as a driver to swage a plug out of the copper into the impact socket, think that'd work?)

The light was on high for a little over a minute, was fairly warm to the touch but actually further down the body towards the tail more so than the head...so I guess it does some good after all! :)

HF Cu U2 w hs by genie in a black box, on Flickr

Last edited:

climberkid

Flashlight Enthusiast
That old iron is beautiful.

Also, the heatsink is so neat with its dual use stand purposing.

Edit: It's in New York!!!!!!

Last edited:

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Come on shipping notice! Killing me here with all the pics! :)

DBCstm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cool Alex, days away! :party: Monday maybe?

LOL Tixx....gotta love it...anticipation! I think it's what makes Heinz Ketchup so great! :crackup:

Dale

climberkid

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looking closely at the picture DBC, it literally looks like there is molten lava flowing from the emitter. Freaking crazy! It's my background on my iPad now. I can't take quality enough pictures to make it worth putting on here so I live vicariously through your images. Hope you don't mind. ;)

DBCstm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not at all, you asked for Hi-Res and I keep putting them on Flickr full sized...in fact I paid for the Pro level so I can keep sharing with y'all! :) This little bad-a** is so cool, I can't help myself! You'll see....

Went out with Mom to eat last night (wife works late) and making it home I was getting my little one out of the car and she headed to unlock the house. I fired up the HF and lit the whole front porch while she found her keys and got in the door...from about 22 yds! :) Gotta love it!

And by the way, look at the light and you'll think molten lava! Don't even let it bounce off a mirror across the room...you'll have spots in your eyes for several minutes even off the mirror at an equivalent 20'...ask me how I know!

Dale

DBCstm

Flashlight Enthusiast
And for the record, the light is sitting on what's called Bakelite...the top of an old clock from the circa 1912? ( Mom says her grandparents house burned down in 1912 and she thinks this was purchased to go in the new place). Beside it is the base and leg of a copper(bronze?) elk statue that dates to the early 1900's or slightly before. It was the copper statue that made me go there in keeping with the Cu HF.

Enjoy!

Dale

Last edited:

DBCstm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ahhh, 3 10440 bodies threaded together! Lovely! Now that's a fantastic pen light! ;) Don't have more than 1 so didn't think in those terms, lol. Nice. Oh Guuuuuyyyy! What'll it take to add a couple of Ti 10440 bodies to my order? :) As a matter of thinking ahead, 2 of them threaded together and capped on both ends would be a great way to carry 3 Nukes for spares! With proper spacers and end protection of course. Excellent thinking there GL, thanks for waking me up on that! And then Guy can come up with a big turbo head to stick on it for extended run times and we'd all be delirious with possibilities!!! lol

Dale

Last edited:

wyldthng

Newly Enlightened
Long day at work. Kept an eye on my shipping monitoring app as best I could, but it never confirmed delivery. Sigh! Stopped at the post box on the way home and...... there was a package. THEY CAME!!!!! A Ti and a Cu. It's dark out, and I am having a ton of fun lighting it up!! I am way beyond impressed. The build quality and attention to detail are awesome. My hat is off, Guy, well done!

the_guy_with_no_name

Flashlight Enthusiast
GL > awesome lightsaber :)
Dale > great pics as usual, I should be sending you to the workshop on loan.

Still waiting for the email "SHIPPED".

Come on shipping notice! Killing me here with all the pics! :)
Sorry guys,
please hang tight, some more "shipped" notices late hours my time.
for temp trit installs, I want to make sure your trits will fit with no issue so gonna get that extra 2.1mm drill bit today.

Long day at work. Kept an eye on my shipping monitoring app as best I could, but it never confirmed delivery. Sigh! Stopped at the post box on the way home and...... there was a package. THEY CAME!!!!! A Ti and a Cu. It's dark out, and I am having a ton of fun lighting it up!! I am way beyond impressed. The build quality and attention to detail are awesome. My hat is off, Guy, well done!
wyldthng,

congrats and thanks for the feedback.
so glad you are pleased.

Plan to be done shipping whats here tonight, then it will be somewhat of a wait (<10days) until the next package comes back from the workshop.
I've had some mails asking the following...
"my serial is not reserved so couldn't it be shipped sooner"
trying to ship by order date as much as possible, but lots of reserved serials, then non-reserved serials had to go back to the workshop too so awaiting return of a few of those, and as mentioned for temp trit installs, want to be sure you have no troubles when things arrive so any HF that wont accept trits needs a quick injection with a 2.1mm drill then a check to make sure its good to go before sending.

Appreciate your patience greatly. Forgoing sleep as much as I can take to get things out quickly though should have a slight breather next week as I wait for the rest of the stock to return.

Some good news coming on the CoreTi front too ;)

I am reading all the posts (thanks for all the feedback) but want to get everyone satisfied before I can return to my normal posting schedule. All mails answered and no question is too big or small, always glad to be of help, though your patience is always appreciated.

Thanks very much,
Tgwnn