HF Beamshot recon,

Saw a chance and took it.....

HF Cu - XML T5

Control Shot: . . . . . . . . . . Hf'd:
th_file-50.jpg
th_file-51.jpg

Photo's using iPhone on full auto.

Tgwnn
Another T5 fan :candle:. Looks Good Guy.
I willbe doing some beamshots and posting.
GL

Last edited:

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
Let it be known that I would almost never be up at 6:30 in the morning, but...my cop neighbor feels the need to be firing his guns before the sun comes up. :ohgeez:
Just out of curiousity, Did you check out it was him using the HF?
50 yards is no problem for the HF ;)

DBCstm

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've never been accused of being overly bright GL, but shining bright lights at cops shooting automatic weapons is even beyond MY scope! :)

Dale

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just stepped indoors to make a fresh barrel of popcorn; been waiting for the mailman on the porch. Boy, you guys have been busy! And gave me some ideas: I'll switch the shotgun for my sword and put on some chainmail armor I made myself :D That should insure he sees me, especially with the sun reflecting off the polished steel, and look a little less scary.

My tracking info from the Canada post site went from "1-3 days delivery" to "3-7 days delivery" with fewer details than before. They don't often take charge of giving accurate tracking info on international packages so I'll have to keep waiting it out the old fashion way. Or maybe they're just obsessed with the eerie blue glow and decided they'd give it some extra testing…

:knight:

DBCstm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cataract, your Knight in Shining Armor's Steed is really cracking me up! Does he have Eddie Murphy's voice? :touche::crackup:

Dale

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cataract, your Knight in Shining Armor's Steed is really cracking me up! Does he have Eddie Murphy's voice? :touche::crackup:

Dale

Now that you mention it, he does sound like Eddie Murphy and has quite the attitude; He just won't shut up! The neighbour's cat is also acting strange and started wearing boots and a hat while sporting a sword. I saw him sneaking about last night and I suspect he might be setting up a trap for the mailman's charriot. I better head out and intercept the charriot first, but I've heard rumors of an Ogre in the area. That's the whole reason I ordered an HF in the first place... talk about waiting it out the old fashion way!

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't mention it, like what am I gonna do with all these rings? Make chain maille for my wife? lol
Chain Maille Bra Top by genie in a black box, on Flickr

(This is actually what they're made for, well...the modern version. They're made for making authentic looking chain maille for those into the mideval times dress and re-enactment. the ring lord dot com is where I got em, if anyone's interested. And no, I'm not into that, was just looking for Ti rings to hang things on my keychain! :) )

At the shop they could just drop the tail in the bench vise, or end mill, and run the hole larger, boom, done. I think the issue is that the glass vials of the Trits are not uniform, which come to think of it would be very difficult to do on those tiny things! Copper or brass is easy enough to ream out, but Ti is another story altogether! Not like I'm telling you something you haven't already figured out, right? lol

Breathe easy, have a shot of Tequila, get some sleep and tomorrow's another day. :)

Dale

Or even a chain maille Bro? Mansiere?

Machinist Man

Newly Enlightened
Is anyone else having trouble with the tracking link for the HFs? I try to check mine and it says, " Your item was not found" ??? I hope this very special package isn't LOST! :eek: I received Guy's shipping email on 11/5 but still can't track the package.

climberkid

Flashlight Enthusiast
Introducing.....HF Micro

(picture removed by me until i can scale it down)

How cool would that be?!

Last edited:

climberkid

Flashlight Enthusiast
I prefer the second because you can't see the red o-ring as in the other one. (Of course this was not the final production version)

DBCstm

Flashlight Enthusiast
And uh, by the way Alex...800 px max on long side or the mods'll get ya! :grin2:

Just ordered 2 3mm LEDs in super bright white...twice as bright as almost anything else I could find. They were like $15.oo each! lol , not! $9.49 shipped with shipping being the damage.

Dale

DBCstm

Flashlight Enthusiast
The second one is my copper HF, color adjusted to approximate Ti which is far and away my favorite metal of all time! :)

You can download the original image from Flickr and also a small image. Use the small image to order a shirt from www.brokenarrowwear.com and put a note in the comments column that you have a hi-res jpeg file. After the order is done they'll email for confirmation. Submit the larger file then for Hi-Res and they'll digitally print it directly on the T-Shirt of your choice, or long sleeved shirt or whatever else they offer that you want it on.

Top quality Hanes no tag cotton 6.1 oz T was $22.55 shipped ground UPS.

Dale

Last edited:

DBCstm

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got a question for those out there in the know. I've found a device that boasts a capability of recharging an iPhone 4x. It's about the size of an iPhone, even looks like an iPhone. It's called Mophie and supposedly has 4000mAh capacity and charges out through a USB connection. Can't find specifics on the voltage so don't know if would actually power the HF or Torpedo directly. But, with a cottonpicker charger it has the potential to charge a Nuke 5 times! So that would be an equivalent of 8 batteries on tap for an overnight or emergency situation with no AC power. It's kind of high but not extrememly at $79.95 (I paid $140 for my 13.2V Li-ion pack for my Canon 1DsMkII with 5500mAh capacity)

Will someone please check this out and let me know if it would be feasible for use as I've described? http://www.mophie.com/juice-pack-po...rstion-2.htm?gclid=CPnjgo2Tn68CFYFeTAodZF6c4g

Thanks,

Dale

Last edited:

the_guy_with_no_name

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is anyone else having trouble with the tracking link for the HFs? I try to check mine and it says, " Your item was not found" ??? I hope this very special package isn't LOST! :eek: I received Guy's shipping email on 11/5 but still can't track the package.

Hi Machinist Man,

I'll double check your tracking number and mail you.
I know I accidentally had a typo in one which had the same issue, and was fixed when I confirmed the number on the receipt.
Status should be visible at latest within 24 hours!

Tgwnn

the_guy_with_no_name

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Machinist Man,

I'll double check your tracking number and mail you.
I know I accidentally had a typo in one which had the same issue, and was fixed when I confirmed the number on the receipt.
Status should be visible at latest within 24 hours!

Tgwnn

I'm way too behind on things...
I just realized you already mailed me and I already sent you the correct number so you were the one other issue I was referring to :)

tgwnn