• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired McLux III-Ti Anodized

Cliffnopus

Enlightened
xochi said:
Isn't the McluxIII-T a bit smaller/lighter than the Ti-PD? The III-T run was signifigantly smaller than the Ti-PD run(s).

Is the snakeskin pattern an anodize procedure or is it an acid etching or something else?
The McLux III-T is shorter than the Ti PD and the standard PD's (I just measured it aginst two of my std ones). The McLux III-T weighs 70 grams compared to the std PD which weighs 75 grams - I don't have my Ti PD yet to compare weights. (These weights are minus batteries).

The weights were taken from an accurate Avian digital scale used to weigh small birds.

Cliff

Last edited:

Dawg

Enlightened
Hey Peter! If you are still short, I can lay down some Moola for one of your folders. If not, I think I will pony up for another Tighe art knife.

Cliffnopus

Enlightened
marcspar said:
That's a great deal!

The McLux III Ti is a little shorter than its PD Ti brother.

I had Peter annodize my McLux III Ti's bezel & clip and the resulting look is awesome.

Congrats to the seller and buyer.

Marc
I had Peter anodize my blue swirl PD clip & bezel in his "high voltage" pattern.
swirlsw4.jpg

Sorry for the blur....I should have been in "Macro" mode.....duhhh......

Cliff

Osprey_Guy

Enlightened
Hey Peter...As usual, you did a great-looking ano job on that light! Always love that snakeskin pattern of yours. Very cool. :rock:

For those who don't know, not only does Peter make very cool knives but awhile back he put out an instructional video specifically about anodizing Titanium. If you're interested it looks like he still has those videos for sale: http://atwoodknives.com/video.htm

Dennis Greenbaum :cool: