MecArmy IllumineX-1 Titanium (10180 battery) Review

JB007Rules

Newly Enlightened
I just bought 2 of these. They are simply amazing! :)

My one major gripe is that the rubber gaskets break VERY easily. You really have to be careful when you pull the top off to charge it.

Thanks!

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
due to multiple small lights being discussed recently, I did a quick comparison of volume, chemistry, and lumens

volume cu cmHigh CRIAnsi lumens
illuminex 1018016no8/130
maus N24yes.7/7/40
MBI HF 1025025yes.2/15/50/200/400
maratac AAA28no/yes40/1.5/138
aeon CR235yes.6/5/120
note maratac is not High CRI stock, but the Nichia Tool head is interchageable
note aeon and maus lumens are reported as Ansi (maker reports OTF lumens)

kentchristopher

Newly Enlightened
A fair warning to anyone considering one of the Illuminex lights: I purchased an Illuminex-4, and after 8 months of very occasional use, the battery suddenly went from seemingly fine to only holding enough to charge to give a minute or two of useful light (and similarly a charge completes in less than 5 minutes). So far MecArmy has been unresponsive to support requests through their website.

For the price, I'd recommend going with another manufacturer of these 10180-based lights which actually stands behind their product. Maybe the Fenix UC02?

Dubois

Enlightened
No problem with mine that I've had for nearly 2 years. Just buy another battery.

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
after 8 months of very occasional use, the battery suddenly went from seemingly fine to only holding enough to charge to give a minute or two of useful light
sorry to hear you are not able to communicate with the mfg
fwiw
you might have damaged the battery by overdischarging it.
do you normally check the voltage before you recharge the light, so you know you have not gone below 3v?

you probably just need a new battery
if you like I will send you one of my spares, PM me your address if you are in CONUS. I don't use my 10180 lights, they are too finnicky about choosing modes, sometimes I can get low, sometimes it flickers, sometimes I only get High mode..

Just buy another battery.

I agree...

ven

Flashaholic
Another +1 for new battery, the weakness to all these 10180 lights is the 10180 cell! Very tiny 4.2v cell that afaik, no big brands make or much development has gone into(probably due to no where near demand like the 18650 cell).

They are very cheap, would buy a couple or more whilst at it, store as a spare/s.