Melbourne, Victoria spring 2013 meet.

Leoht

Flashaholic from Mars
I thought I should start a list of who will be attending.

From Ballarat Mick, Paul, Will, Mark, Leoht & Chino (canine)
tymu8u5e.jpg

Norm, Gav & Simon.

I haven't heard from Travis or Darkangel for a while? (Not sure?)

Have I missed anyone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Last edited:

darkangel55555

Newly Enlightened
Heya folks, been watching y'all at work planning this out. Unfortunately, I won't be able to attend; I work weekends. Thanks for thinking of me, hope y'all have a great time up there.

Again let me know if anyone's in need of lithium primaries, I might be able to send them up with someone who's attending.

Jon

Leoht

Flashaholic from Mars
I'm using the GPS co-ords in post #1, hopefully it will bring me to the front door.

It will Gav. Just beware that GPS devices have at times been known to lead people up roads and tracks that can be difficult to navigate in two wheel drive vehicles.

I did an experiment with google maps, bing maps. iPhone apple maps and mud maps. All gave directions that differ from my preferred root as posted above. The iPhone had directions going trough private land.

One of my mates got caught out with his iPad going to a camping trip on the Wimmera river. He was well in to private land when the owner caught up with him, they then got in to an argument about whether or not it was a private road he was on.

http://i.switched.com/2010/05/10/tourists-blindly-follow-gps-through-boulders-and-fences-in-austr/

http://blog.shoptrailblazer.com/fail-fridays/fail-fridays-gps-fail

Last edited:

Leoht

Flashaholic from Mars
damehy3e.jpg

dype7umu.jpg

za5a9ype.jpg

Gav I better PM you my phone number, just incase you find yourself in side one of the locals CROPS!

Fusion_m8

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Crash! Hopefully I am not as hopeless as I think I am.

Hey Jon, its a pity you couldn't make it as I was looking forward to see that modified C2 you recently purchased on CPFMarketplace!

Leoht

Flashaholic from Mars
Thanks Crash! Hopefully I am not as hopeless as I think I am.

Hey Jon, its a pity you couldn't make it as I was looking forward to see that modified C2 you recently purchased on CPFMarketplace!

I am sure you will find your way ok Gav I was just having fun.

Leoht

Flashaholic from Mars
So Simon is bringing the roast, Norm,s bringing rolls, Gav,s bringing bacon and eggs and sausages for breakfast. Paul and Will always have heaps of food, and I will cook pizza for supper.

I will get up early this afternoon and go to town and vote. While there I will pick up some veggies to cook in the camp oven. They should complement Simons roast.

Leoht

Flashaholic from Mars
We have secured the cabin / hut.
epaqyseq.jpg

I am in bed about to have a well needed snooze while my trusty assistant Paul sets up camp.
4yta6yte.jpg

And Chino keeps watch.
u4ade8ar.jpg

Norm

Retired Administrator
Looks great Chris, Shirley said she would come to breakfast if you have a fire like that. :)

Norm

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
All looking good. I'll have all of my cooking gear too - so we won't want for much.

Just planning my day. Voting out Sophie Mirabella in the morning, mow the lawn, buy the biggest leg of lamb I can find - drive 350k's stopping for at least a dozen caches on the way... if I'm awake past 9pm I'll be lucky!

Norm

Retired Administrator
We're heading off about 8:30 / 9:00, should be up there reasonable early.

Norm

Fusion_m8

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bought the bacon, sausages, eggs & croissants. Even bought a new stretcher bed from Rays Outdoors. Did anyone bring a kettle so we could make coffee/tea??