Michael Jackson Charged

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Arrest Warrant Issued For Michael Jackson

I'm not going to bat for Michael you understand. But he has a history of settling some similar cases for large sums of money. He is also in a unique position to be blackmailed, since he does spend a lot of time with other peoples children and has a history of these allegations. If your son had spent the night at Michaels and you needed money you might start something like this not expecting that it would escalate into criminal charges, just hoping for a nice settlement.

Quite honestly if it was my child I would not take the money, but pursue it in criminal court. So that makes me wonder either about the people that took the money and forgot about it, or if it was not the truth to start with.

So it is at least possible that the man is innocent. Even so he's a stupid moron for hanging out with other peoples children in the way he does and not expect somebody to make this kind of allegation.

It is certain to be a circus around the details of this, it will certainly be interesting to watch.

_mike_

Flashlight Enthusiast

Just an FYI, I was not angered by what anyone said. I just get kind of worked up in a very angry way when it comes to crimes against kids is all. Then I have to go and do something else.

James,
Believe me, I agree with you 100%. Those are things that I have thought about as well. I also feel that if something is going on, somebody probably knows or has pretty strong suspicions about it. I just hope that if someone does know something, that they do the right thing and come forward. Now, if there isn't anything going on then I guess there wouldn't be anything to say. It's just a tough one all the way around.

Mike

IlluminatingBikr

Flashlight Enthusiast

Well I got some info from a special source. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

I heard that the DA personally served the search warrant of MJ's house. At this point there are only allogations; Michael hasn't been found guilty of anything.

flashfan

Flashlight Enthusiast

Going out on a limb here, but based on MJ's past history, hyped or not, any parent who allows their child to spend unsupervised time with MJ, has something to answer for, too...

McGizmo

Flashaholic

flashfan,

I think it's a sturdy limb you are on there! I had similar thoughts as well. It's one thing for a child molester to take a child from their home. It's something else if the child is allowed to go visit......... Who knows but as James has stated, it's bound to be another circus and facts *needn't* get in the way...

Greta

Flashaholic

Marsha Clark (of the whole OJ fiasco fame) was on Sean Hannity today. She said that the parents of the alleged victim are NOT seeking money. They ARE pursuing this in criminal court ONLY. What remains to be seen is if MJ's lawyer can offer them a large enough sum to get them to drop the charges.

FYI... the charges being filed are NOT for rape or even for oral copulation. The charges are for child molestation. The specifics of that charge have not been made public yet. Marsha was very emphatic about there being a difference between those three charges... mainly the sentancing.

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
Michael hasn't been found guilty of anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since when has that ever stopped the media in this country... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Greta

Flashaholic

[ QUOTE ]
Quickbeam said:
[ QUOTE ]
Michael hasn't been found guilty of anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since when has that ever stopped the media in this country... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly! BUT!!... (again going back to the Sean Hannity radio show today)... even though MJ was not convicted of charges 10 years ago, would YOU let YOUR child go spend the night at Mikey's? ... It sucks, I know... there are truly innocent people out there that have been tried and convicted by the media and cleared in the courts. Their lives are still ruined. In the case of MJ... who knows? But logic leads me to believe that if a warrant for his arrest has been issued and 60-70 officers were sent out with a search warrant for his property, this is more than just some under-privileged kid's parents trying to get a few bucks. Warrants aren't issued without some kind of solid evidence in hand already.

tygger

Enlightened

this guy needs some serious mental health attention. hasn't it been obvious to those closest to him for years that he needs some help? if he actually is guilty of a crime then obviously the responsibility lies soley on his shoulders. however, i think all those people close to him that just watched someone behave this way without seeking to forcibly commit him deserve to be prosecuted to the fullest extent as well. that the parents are idiots goes without saying. for the sake of everyone involved i truly hope that nothing happened. but for god's sake get this man into therapy!

GJW

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
Sasha said:
What remains to be seen is if MJ's lawyer can offer them a large enough sum to get them to drop the charges.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's also been a change in the law since then.
Children may now be compelled to testify against their will.
Not very likely, I suppose, but unlike 10 years ago -- the child dropping the charges does not necessarily mean an out for Michael.

Greta

Flashaholic

GJW... I heard that on Sean today too. And I agree with the change. If someone is going to make such serious allegations... and effectively ruin someone's life regardless of the final outcome... then they should be willing to face their accuser. Parents will need to think about how serious they are when it comes to vindicating their child. If they are serious, then they will go forth with and back up their allegations.... even if it means that the child must testify. I think this will (has it?) cut down on so many frivilous allegations and lawsuits that are simply out for a settlement.

Negeltu

Enlightened

Kind of ridiculous to act as if something like this is true when the facts are not known. He has lots of money... is an eccentric figure... and that alone opens him up to being a target. He might be totally innocent.

DieselDave

Super Moderator,

Negeltu,
Very true but I also bet the DA wouldn't go after MJ on a simple allegation by a 12 year old or his parents. When you go after a MJ sized figure you had better have your ducks in a row, which I imagine he does. If the DA didn't have compelling evidence there would not have been a search and arrest warrant issued by a judge. A mistake at this level is a career killer for a DA or a judge.

IlluminatingBikr

Flashlight Enthusiast

Man I'm right in the heart of all of the action! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smoker5.gif

Helicopters have been out, hovering. I assume they are hoping for picutres of MJ himself. It's almost odd that somebody big like Michael Jackson is so close to where I live.

Wouldn't it be interesting if Michael Jackson got locked up in the Santa Barbara County jail? Heck, I think on a clear night I could shine a flashlight over that direction and light up the jail. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Negeltu

Enlightened

Well... I don't wanna get in a discussion about human nature... As any animal...we tend to gang up on...and terrorize those that are different than the rest in the "pack". I was terrorized my whole life by my peers simply because I was different. In the most primal parts of our minds...different..is weak... and needs to be erradicated for the betterment of the species.

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast

What a sorry situation all way around.

GregR

GJW

Flashlight Enthusiast

FOX News gossip says MJ is going on the offensive.

"Jackson has known for most of the year, even if he didn't want to acknowledge it, that trouble was brewing at Neverland. The child who is now the subject of this molestation allegation began to raise questions about their relationship late last winter. Jackson -- who is not completely out of touch with reality -- responded by bringing in an expert defender.

"Jackson's camp, I am told, is more than ready to do battle with his accuser and his family. I am told that the mother of the child involved will be held up to severe scrutiny."

Greta

Flashaholic

The latest is that Jackson will surrender himself to the authorities when HE is ready... yeah... like the rest of us would have that option... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

raggie33

*the raggedier*

there chaseing him as we speak
cnn.jpg

Latest posts