Milky L1 Information Thread Part 2

mbely2

Enlightened
I am curious, does "standard" ML1 light (not ML1x) uses original L1 board or it has completely different electronics inside?
Also what changes, if any are done with tailcap?

I would really appreciate if someone answers those questions or point me in right direction here in discussion forum.

Thanks,

Mark

skalomax

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am curious, does "standard" ML1 light (not ML1x) uses original L1 board or it has completely different electronics inside?
Also what changes, if any are done with tailcap?

I would really appreciate if someone answers those questions or point me in right direction here in discussion forum.

Thanks,

Mark

Mark,
The ML1 uses the stock Surefire L1 circuit. I don't believe Milkyspit does any changes to the tailcap unless you want a "super low" or "Med-Hi" secondary brightness, instead of the low.

I hope this answers your question.

mbely2

Enlightened
Thanks, Skalomax!

BTW, I love my Milkymods too! :)
So far I have two: standard and eXtreme ML1. They are fantastic little lights!

Mark

Last edited:

scottaw

Enlightened
Ok, i've heard of a Milky Cree L1, 165Lm on high, focusable optic....when does this light get it's own thread, or are we just going to keep it going here? I want some details and/or a nice full review with beamshots! :popcorn:

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have one....Nany, nany boo, boo.:nana: Seriously ttran97 also has one, and I posted the details of the mod in post #39. Here it is again...

Milky L1 TIR

CREE Q4 WC emitter, hand-tested for optimal L1 compatibility
Stock circuit replaced with a Madmax Plus Circuit
Stock TIR Optic - Focusable
Tailcap resistance recalibrated to 3 to 5 lumen low
Rechargeable friendly

It is the best L1 I've had thus far, and a great EDC. I never leave the house without it and my Novatac 120P. It's a little pocket rocket that puts out a lot of light from such a small package. It rivals the WolfEyes 190 lumen drop-in I have in my G2. It also has great throw. I highly recommend this light to any true Flashaholic. I will try to get a better review and some beam shots up soon.

gottawearshades

Enlightened
I'd love to give a review, but my L1 Cree has been in Milky Labs since before Thanksgiving waiting to get this treatment.:mecry:

Ok, i've heard of a Milky Cree L1, 165Lm on high, focusable optic....when does this light get it's own thread, or are we just going to keep it going here? I want some details and/or a nice full review with beamshots! :popcorn:

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have one....Nany, nany boo, boo.:nana: Seriously ttran97 also has one, and I posted the details of the mod in post #39. Here it is again...

Milky L1 TIR

CREE Q4 WC emitter, hand-tested for optimal L1 compatibility
Stock circuit replaced with a Madmax Plus Circuit
Stock TIR Optic - Focusable
Tailcap resistance recalibrated to 3 to 5 lumen low
Rechargeable friendly

It is the best L1 I've had thus far, and a great EDC. I never leave the house without it and my Novatac 120P. It's a little pocket rocket that puts out a lot of light from such a small package. It rivals the WolfEyes 190 lumen drop-in I have in my G2. It also has great throw. I highly recommend this light to any true Flashaholic. I will try to get a better review and some beam shots up soon.

Yes, James here was the one that convinced me to send in my ML-1 Cree. It's quite a steal since I grabbed the L1 cree from the marketplace. So overall, I've got a VERY bright light that is compact and very useful! This thing can get up to 180 lumen or so if you use rechargeables! Milkyspit did a great job, as always!

Surefire ML1 Cree modded by Milkyspit...Approved! (can you tell i'm having fun with my new graphic??? haha!)
ttran97_stamp.gif

Last edited:

mbely2

Enlightened
I wonder if there is a difference between A2, L2 and L1 tailcaps? Different resistors, perhaps? Or they are the same and interchangeable....

What will happen with secondary (low) output of my Milky L1 if I will use A2 tailcap on it?

Any input is highly appreciated.

Mark

Last edited:

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
GWS, message replied... yesterday! :p

I wonder if there is a difference between A2, L2 and L1 tailcaps? Different resistors, perhaps? Or they are the same and interchangeable....

What will happen with with secondary (low) output if will use A2 tailcap in my Milky L1?

Any input is highly appreciated.

Mark

No difference in the stock tailcaps for L1, L2, and A2... they're all the same, right down to the resistance incorporated into them for the low beam.

That said, I do recalibrate some of the tailcaps in the modified lights... but parts for the Milky L1 and Milky L2 should all be interchangeable anyway, so no harm in mix-and-match! :thumbsup:

mbely2

Enlightened
No difference in the stock tailcaps for L1, L2, and A2... they're all the same, right down to the resistance incorporated into them for the low beam.

That said, I do recalibrate some of the tailcaps in the modified lights... but parts for the Milky L1 and Milky L2 should all be interchangeable anyway, so no harm in mix-and-match! :thumbsup:

Scott, thank you for the info! I just bought extra tailcap for my ML1s

I have two ML1 lights: one with regular circuit and another one with MadMax Plus.
Both light are now my favorites and I use one of them for work every day. On low they both emmit about equal amont of light...

Just recently I found out that switching tailcaps between two of those lights changes output on low: on "standard" ML1 it becomes really dim or "ultra low" - perfect for use at night indoors, and "upgraded" ML1-x getting mid-high output on low - perfect for outdoor use. (ML1x's talcap has 30ohm resistor installed)

After this "discovery" I think that getting an extra tailcap is inexpensive way to add even greater versatility to ML1x.

Mark

Last edited:

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
Scott,
Let me know If you have any ML1s. Don't care If they're the "Magnum" edition.

Also, some Nexgens would be nice. ;)

Skalo, I've got a ML1 Smoothie Magnum sitting on my desk right now if you want it.

I'm also working on getting a couple more L1 hosts but they're not likely to get here for another week or so... still negotiating with the seller in fact. These would be more expensive than usual because it's looking like I'll need to pay full retail price for the hosts.

Nexgens not available at present. I can order one for your build if you cover the cost and can wait an extra week or so. :whistle:

skalomax

Flashlight Enthusiast
Skalo, I've got a ML1 Smoothie Magnum sitting on my desk right now if you want it.

I'm also working on getting a couple more L1 hosts but they're not likely to get here for another week or so... still negotiating with the seller in fact. These would be more expensive than usual because it's looking like I'll need to pay full retail price for the hosts.

Nexgens not available at present. I can order one for your build if you cover the cost and can wait an extra week or so. :whistle:

Hmm, Cash on hand for a ML1.
I'll give you a call later today so maybe we can figure out a good EDC for me.

Thanks! :D

mbely2

Enlightened
Scott, If Scalo passes on this one I will take it, if this Magnum Milky L1 has "full-sized 20mm smooth reflector, Seoul SSCP4 USWOH emitter, and flat ultra-clear lens" for maximum throw.
Please let me know details,

Mark

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
Scott, If Scalo passes on this one I will take it, if this Magnum Milky L1 has "full-sized 20mm smooth reflector, Seoul SSCP4 USWOH emitter, and flat ultra-clear lens" for maximum throw.
Please let me know details,

Mark

Mark, it's yours. Sounds like ol' Skalo will end up with a different configuration, and even if not, I can build him another, no problem.

If you can send Paypal I'll get your light in the mail today. PM here (might be full at the moment) or CPF Marketplace, or email...

img-email-milky-quarryrun-com.gif

:thumbsup:

mbely2

Enlightened
Scott,
Super! I just need to know the total amount and e-mail address where to send Paypal.
I sent you e-mail.
Thanks!

Mark