Milkyspit M700 Rebellion!!! SF KL2 w/ 7XRebels.....w/ Beamshots!!!

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's yet another Milkyspit light that I've had the pleasure to play around with..... The M700 Rebellion!!!

M700-9Small.jpg

M700-8Small.jpg

This light was built by Milkyspit and has the following specs:

- Surefire KL2 Head
- Modified to fit 7xLux Rebel-100 emitters
- Runs on 11 - 16 volts
- 7xMcR10 reflectors
- Runtime w/ 3xR123s = 39 minutes regulated....flat.
- ~700 lumens!!
- Body - Surefire M3 Stock
- Tailcap - Surefire SW01 Stock

M700-6Small.jpg

M700-5Small.jpg

M700-4Small.jpg

M700-3Small.jpg

M700-1Small.jpg

I suck at beamshots, but these shots were pretty true to life.....

Beamshots (Neighbor's driveway at 75 feet):

First up - Fenix P3D Max.....
Titan-019Medium.jpg

Fenix T1 w/2xR123s.....
Titan-018Medium.jpg

M700 Rebellion....

Titan-020Medium.jpg

Thanks for looking,
MSax

txgp17

Enlightened
awesome light....
I'm seriously thinking about having milkyspit mod a M3 head for me. But I think I'll be patient until the R2's are out and about.

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
MSax, congrats on the beamshots... they're the best beamshots that 'suck' (your word) I've ever seen! :tinfoil: Seriously, they look good and are really helpful.

As for the M700: it actually runs nicely with primaries... 4x123 runs with flat regulation for 60-90 minutes, if memory serves. Not many of the higher-powered LED builds handle primaries all that well but this one does, which has always been one of the things I've liked about it. That's a big reason this one earns the 'M' designation instead of being an 'X' light. It was a personal light of mine before MSax coaxed it into his cold, fishy hands. :p (MSax is an avid fisherman for those who don't know.)

I do feel compelled to apologize for the wear marks on that bezel ring: this light has always been a 'user'... that said, somehow it looks better in person than the camera closeup makes it appear.

Anyway, enjoy the light! And thanks for sharing the writeup! :wave:

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast
I do feel compelled to apologize for the wear marks on that bezel ring: this light has always been a 'user'... that said, somehow it looks better in person than the camera closeup makes it appear.

Yeah, those marks are definitely deceiving. It doesn't look like that at all in person. I suppose when you flood a light box full of soft light and then overexpose the camera, then crop and magnify the head, it tends to show everything.... good and bad.

All in all, I'm not complaining.... and I'm pretty picky.

.....coaxed it into his cold, fishy hands. :p

Why you.....:xyxgun:

:crackup:

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast
EXCELLENT light Msax and milky! Another winner.

I'm truly amazed at the multi-emitter lights that I've recently seen (and owned) from milky. There is such a rich selection of LEDs today- rebels, SSCs, Crees, K2s...

Wowza.:thumbsup:

I love this setup. It makes me want another M-series setup... sigh. Does it ever end??:eek::ohgeez:

Lightmax

Newly Enlightened
I keep thinking back to the old 1 watt Luxeons, and am amazed just how far technology, and people's engineering skills have come.

Nice job Milkyspit !

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
I keep thinking back to the old 1 watt Luxeons, and am amazed just how far technology, and people's engineering skills have come.

Nice job Milkyspit !

Thanks Lightmax, and others! I appreciate the kind words. :eek:

Yup, it really is quite a leap we've seen in the last 3-4 years or so... and hopefully the ride isn't over yet! :naughty: