• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Milkyspit Mods, Thoughts, Eye Candy [LOTS OF PHOTOS] Part 4

Kiwi_sg

Newly Enlightened
Scott..you are making me rethink my sale...maybe I need to hang on to this and still get the M1 mod project we are discussing!! :thinking: (PP ready to go for that one BTW and email replied to)

The only reason I have it up for sale is this light deserves to be used in the wide open (dark) spaces it was designed for, not the concrete jungle that is Singapore :laughing:

Last edited:

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Scott..you are making me rethink my sale...maybe I need to hang on to this and still get the M1 mod project we are discussing!! :thinking: (PP ready to go for that one BTW and email replied to)

The only reason I have it up for sale is this light deserves to be used in the wide open (dark) spaces it was designed for, not the concrete jungle that is Singapore :laughing:
I want to see this light!.....

PM me if youre free and willing to meet up...:)

Crenshaw

RichS

Flashlight Enthusiast
[SIZE=+1]The New M3 Build I Never Told Anyone About![/SIZE] :ohgeez:

M3_Optic.jpg

Some vital statistics...

Max output: estimated 727 lumens
Min output: estimated 0.23 lumen
Number of levels: 4
Firmware revision: 'Califon'
Miser capability: Yes
Heatsink material: Brass
Runtime on 3x123 primaries, max brightness: estimated 45m
Runtime on 2x18500, max brightness: estimated 1h9m
Runtime at min brightness: 3000h = 4+ months continuous
Scott - now you're killing me! I have this same build coming (with a Leef body instead) - any idea when I will get to hold this beast?? :devil:

Also - I know we talked about 600-700 lumens max. Will mine have the exact same stats as above (727 lumens on max)?

Can't wait to get mine!! :huh:

nein166

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm with you RichS on the M3 Head wait list.
Mine will have a Warm White MC-E though.

Hey Milkyspit now you can do a batch since there are two to lathe up :D

steveG

Enlightened
Scott, this info is about a year old, does it still apply?

Yes, the Creemator is actually a whole family of similar lights, differing in some details. I'll try to go over some of them... note the standard price of the build is $285 (might fluctuate a little from time to time, but generally that's about right), and you have a choice of what you see below at no additional charge in most cases. (The options that would cost additional are stated as such.)

1. The head could be HA-BK as E1B, E2DL, KX1/KX2... or HA-NAT as KX1/KX2. Not all these are available at all times, but in general I can locate most of them.

1a. If you send YOUR light to be turned into a Creemator, I can do so for $165 plus shipping, and the various options below are also available for your upgrade.

2. The head uses a focusable TIR optic for great throw with capacity for fine-tuning to a specific range, degree of spill beam, and/or quality of beam. The top portion of the head is also removable for using the light as pure flood (mule-style).

2a. If you prefer a cleaner beam with more sidespill at the expense of some throw, I can install a McR19 reflector shortened for proper fit in the head... the reflectorized version of the Creemator is a $30 option.

3. The circuitry is Acorn 1.3 for max output of 303+ lumens on average... the firmware is the latest 'Bailey' revision at time of this writing, featuring 4 well-spaced levels of brightness, memory and tactical interfaces, miser mode, and more.

3a. For $30 I can customize the firmware for your specific needs, configuring the light with more/less brightness levels, changing the way the user interface behaves, calibrating various levels to the desired drive current and/or lumens, etc.

4. The body could be one cell or two cell, HA-BK or HA-NAT.

4a. For $30 I can bore out a 2-cell body to fit a 17670 rechargeable nicely.

5. The tailswitch is a standard SureFire tactical clicky.

5a. If you prefer the guarded, flared HA-BK tailswitch from the E2D and E2DL flashlights, I can supply that for an additional $10.

Also, I'm curious about these runtimes (forgive me, I'm new to the milky scene). Are the runtimes listed below flat?

Normal Mode:
231lm for 0h 42
69lm for 2h 20m
21lm for 7h 42m
1lm for 150h

Miser Mode:
42lm for 3h 53m
12lm for 12h 58m
4lm for 42h 47m
1lm for 150h

keep in mind that these burntimes are with a nominal 600mAh RCR123A....

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got a handful of people to get back to regarding posts above, emails, and PM. I'll be in touch soon (but not before going back to bed!) :sleepy:

For now, a little middle-of-the-night eye candy.

[size=+1]Introducing The 'Tradesman'...[/size]

(yes, the prototype was built in a well-worn host)

img-tradesman-146trans.gif

img-tradesman-ceiling.jpg

img-tradesman-campout.jpg

Additional details soon.

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
An an E series cree multimode mod with a diffused optic like Gene uses in his F variants. Very nice, very utility. Was it a pain to get the incan reflector out?
:hitit:

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dude!!

You're disturbing your sleeping children in order to take beamshots?!?!

I've heard of going above and beyond the call of duty, but this is ridiculous. :crackup:

MSax

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
An an E series cree multimode mod with a diffused optic like Gene uses in his F variants. Very nice, very utility. Was it a pain to get the incan reflector out?
:hitit:

Actually, that's an old-style L1 delivering 300-400 lumens, with an optic that was originally square in shape... at least before performing a little surgery, heh heh. :naughty: Did it for fun, turns out it's a darned handy little workhorse! Dual stage tailswitch still works nicely.

Dude!!

You're disturbing your sleeping children in order to take beamshots?!?!

I've heard of going above and beyond the call of duty, but this is ridiculous. :crackup:

MSax

Msax, only for you guys. ;)

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
Scott - now you're killing me! I have this same build coming (with a Leef body instead) - any idea when I will get to hold this beast?? :devil:

Also - I know we talked about 600-700 lumens max. Will mine have the exact same stats as above (727 lumens on max)?

Can't wait to get mine!! :huh:

Rich, yes, yours ought to have similar specs... the outputs on yours will be a little lower due to the warmer emitter, and runtimes might not match, but you'll be kinda sorta in that general performance neighborhood. I do need to modify the bottom portion of your heatsink a little to fit better in your body. (Same is true with Nein166's light.)

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
So Scott what is the good word? :wave:

You got bumped 'cause your darned knife jumped out and bit my itty bitty thumb! :rant: :poke: :eek:oo: Just kidding. ;)

I'd like to hear more on this optic that was installed in the M3 please!

The optic is made by Ledil, a company in Finland... I'd ordered some samples of their optics directly a while back and have been working them into some recent builds. That particular one has a 5.5 degree beam angle, which for a Cree MC-E is actually quite narrow while still delivering enough sidespill to be useful. I can also say from experience it was an absolute BEAR to fit in an M3 head! :eek: :sweat: :ohgeez:

The good news is, I have a small batch of custom-fabricated brass heatsinks ready to build into some M3 mods if folks are interested. I'm also looking for a couple more M3 heads so I can build myself a couple of these... it's a darned nice build, if I might be so bold as to say so! IMHO it's a nice light for walking through the woods, checking on a strange noise in the backyard, and any number of other tasks. :thumbsup:

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
Scott, this info is about a year old, does it still apply?

Also, I'm curious about these runtimes (forgive me, I'm new to the milky scene). Are the runtimes listed below flat?

Hi Steve, yes, that information is basically still valid. Some of the specifics have changed... max output can reach a little higher now due to sourcing of better parts... and the firmware has progressed to 'Califon' revision now being the standard, though custom firmware is also still very much an option. Let me know if I might help.

There's a good discussion of the 'Califon' firmware over in PoliceScannerMan's Gossamer Review Thread. The one thing that's unfortunate is it all makes the firmware seem somehow more complicated to use than it really is... it's a case in which it's a lot harder to write about how to use it, than it is to use!

Runtimes on 2x123 primaries should be very flat for the vast majority of runtime, then output would dim gradually at the tail end. With one rechargeable the light would tend to run at or close to full power for perhaps the first 50-70% of the run (tends to vary slightly with each individual build) then would begin to dim gradually.

(Steve's quoted sections didn't copy into this post but are available in post #28 above.)

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
img-tradesman-campout.jpg

Wow Scott!!
A beamshot of the kiddos?

I think it's time for a little vacation buddy :crackup:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I'm sure he was just checking in on the little ones.

What do you guys expect him to use, a cheap 2D plastic inca?? lovecpf

The Coach

Enlightened
The Sparkplug!!!!:party:

imag0005l.jpg

imag0002s.jpg

imag0004r.jpg

KL6 head with a Cree MCE
Nickel plated Leef body with an RPM tailcap
D2Flex driver running Dandelion firmware.

:nana:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
The Sparkplug!!!!:party:
That's a sweet-looking Milky light. :thumbsup:

I just got my first Milky in the mail a few hours ago, by way of donn.

My very own Milky Snake Eyes. Head is a KL3, 9Z body, and z49 tailcap.
(Check out the link, below).

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/2593628&postcount=156

*Note: As Scott mentioned in that thread, it is truly impossible to see the epoxy behind the reflectors when looking at the light straight on.