Milkyspit's MC2 Thread (also Milky Tester) Part II

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are any array candles shipping?
Frank

A couple arrayed units have shipped, and one Rebel-100 unit has shipped.

The arrays have been tricky fitting into the head, and there has been an occasional, faint flicker in some cases with the array... I suspect it may have to do with some sort of capacitance related to the multiple white LEDs. Single-LED units do not exhibit this problem at all in my experience.

It's been frustrating, and I know you guys are anxious to get your arrayed MC2 units, but I'd rather not send something with a known issue, no matter how mild, if I can help it.
:sigh:

Drywolf

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's been frustrating, and I know you guys are anxious to get your arrayed MC2 units, but I'd rather not send something with a known issue, no matter how mild, if I can help it.
:sigh:

Thanks for the update Scott,
I would rather have it right the first time. I just hate these pay first and wait deals, I guess I'll never learn. :eek:
Frank

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
Drywolf, I think you already know this but your light is on the way. Per your request I've sent you a single-white-emitter unit, and have sent back the $10 previously allocated to a multi-emitter array. Hope the MC2 serves you well in light of the power outages... but then, will hope for fewer power outages, too! Hope the unit helps.

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Scott,
Unit was received. It works perfectly and I like that I have multiple battery choices.
Thanks a ton,
Frank

:grin2:

Drywolf, I'm glad you're finding good use with your MC2. May it banish the darkness forever! :naughty: :candle:

[size=+2]White-Array MC2 Units... Now Shipping![/size] :party:

Breakthrough! Yesterday I got a number of white-array MC2 units completed and SHIPPED. What a relief! They're fairly involved to build but I finally got a batch done. As of this writing, everybody who was waiting for one with the exception of GottaWearShades had their unit(s) shipped. As for GottaWearShades, I still need to complete his, and he has a balance due before I can ship, so seemed like that was the most logical one to wait on.

Here's a list update...

[size=+1]MC2 Commitments (a.k.a. "The List"):[/size]

W8HF: 1x (SHIPPED 20090223)
icestud: 1x (SHIPPED 20090223)
Alin10123: 3x (SHIPPED 20090328)
GottaWearShades: 1x Energizer Milky Lantern (SHIPPED 20090331)
Sgt. LED: 2x (SHIPPED 20090402)
Ramplit: 3x (SHIPPED 20090415)
Drywolf: 1x (SHIPPED 20090428)
Coyote223: 1x (using 4x Nichia GS) (SHIPPED 20090505)
sdeboy: 1x (using 4x Nichia GS) (SHIPPED 20090505)
SierraCharlie: 2x (using 4x Nichia GS) (SHIPPED 20090505)
Xflash: 1x (using 4x Nichia GS) (SHIPPED 20090505)
s4biturbo: 1x (using 4x Nichia GS) (SHIPPED 20090505)

GottaWearShades: 1x (using 4x Nichia GS) (PARTIAL PREPAY 20090104)
Moka: 1x? (NO RESPONSE from Moka)

[size=+2]Availability[/size]

As of this point I have 5x MC2 units (single white Nichia GS with Osram Orange) ready for immediate shipment, and enough parts on hand to build 8 more. Anyone wants one, let me know ASAP!
:whistle:

gottawearshades

Enlightened
Hey, Scott.

Please PM or email me with what I owe you (I don't remember), and the cash will head your way today!

Cheers.

Last edited:

da.gee

Enlightened
Off the fence. :paypal:

P.S. I mistakenly sent cash to the ppcard address. Doh! Let me know what I've screwed up! Everyone else does.

Moka

Enlightened
Hi Scott,
I'm SOOOOOOOO sorry about this...
My laptop was unfortunately lost by the airline during a recent trip :(:shakehead although I am glad none of my torches were in that bag... :whistle:
So I haven't had internet or computer access for quite a while... :eek:

I would still like the candle. One white (Nichia) and a Red or orange-red (that you mentioned) LED...

If you can please email me with the price, paypal (will be paying with my CC) details, anything else i need to know... (i can still access email from my phone) but may not be able to get on CPF for another couple of weeks... Email: moka20(at)gmail(dot)com

Once again, I apologize for leaving you in the lurch and not getting back to you sooner...

Cheers,
Moka

Last edited:

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey, Scott.

Please PM or email me with what I owe you (I don't remember), and the cash will head your way today!

Cheers.

GWS, email sent. I've got your MC2 as well as one other light ready for shipment, waiting only to hear back from you.

Hi Scott,
I'm SOOOOOOOO sorry about this...
My laptop was unfortunately lost by the airline during a recent trip :(:shakehead although I am glad none of my torches were in that bag... :whistle:
So I haven't had internet or computer access for quite a while... :eek:

I would still like the candle. One white (Nichia) and a Red or orange-red (that you mentioned) LED...

If you can please email me with the price, paypal (will be paying with my CC) details, anything else i need to know... (i can still access email from my phone) but may not be able to get on CPF for another couple of weeks... Email: moka20(at)gmail(dot)com

Once again, I apologize for leaving you in the lurch and not getting back to you sooner...

Cheers,
Moka

Moka, email sent. :whistle:

[size=+1]To All, [/size]have a couple more MC2 units built and ready for immediate shipment. Let me know ASAP if you want one as these are the end!

Quick photo taken a couple weeks back of the last of the MC2 boards being used up...

img-mc2-final-boards.jpg

Last edited:

da.gee

Enlightened
My new late night brushing the teeth light! Nice to know the battery will last for a decade or so.

gottawearshades

Enlightened
I have the multi-Nichia light in hand. It clearly puts out more light than my MC from the last wave.

The LEDs do protrude a bit, and I'm thinking a diffuser is in order. Here's what I did with a $.89 and a penknife:

mc2_lightbulb1.jpg

DDS

Enlightened
Scott: Any with multiple array left? If so, I'll take one.
Thanks, Dave

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
Scott: Any with multiple array left? If so, I'll take one.
Thanks, Dave

DDS, none left but I have the parts to build one. Place your order ASAP is you're interested, and send payment as appropriate. Price for the multi-array unit would be $69 plus shipping.

Hi scott,
Attempting tn do al on my phmne so hopeflly this works...
paypal sent for my mc2, akso sent email to you.
Again sorry for delay,
Moka

Moka, got the payment... there was a small issue with your payment for shipping, will email you about it. We should be okay. :thumbsup:

DDS

Enlightened
Scott: PayPal sent Please email or PM me. I sent you a PM about modding my PD III and never received a reply. Thanks, Dave

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
Scott: PayPal sent Please email or PM me. I sent you a PM about modding my PD III and never received a reply. Thanks, Dave

DDS, your MC2 is finished and in the mail. Also, I received your PM and replied to it earlier this evening. Get back to me when you can.